Strategic Information Technology – Level 1London Corporate Training Ltd
Strategic Information Technology: Level 1 - In-House
This intensive in-house training course in Strategic Information Technology will provide senior managers and professionals with the necessary understanding of the advantages and risks of corporate and internet computing, in achieving financial, efficiency and other objectives.
The course is introductory, and is designed to provide delegates with knowledge of the costs, economics and opportunities provided by the corporate computing systems, the internet, cloud computing, open standards and social media.
On completion of this 5 day course, participants will be able to plan how to introduce IT in their companies, including the use of agile project management to achieve efficiency and reliability and effective performance for their organisation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Senior managers, executives and professionals, who need to understand the impact and opportunities arising from advances in IT, the internet, social media, cloud and open standards, in order to inform the board of emerging IT risks and opportunities
- Financial executives, managers and professionals, who are responsible for budgets and projects and must know the costs, economics, potential impact of computing and how to introduce computing projects
- Senior company executives who are in charge of change management, ERP, CRM and IT projects
- Those responsible for delivering IT and IT projects
Training Course Content
This Strategic Information Technology – Level 1 course will cover:
- Advances in IT and developments in corporate computing
- IT applications, security, and architecture
- Issues in formulating IT strategy to meet organisational needs
- Current themes and trends – open standards and the new digital environment
- The IT strategy framework
- Where and how to start
- Common mistakes and SWOT
- Large versus small projects
- Agile versus other methodologies: SSADM and Prince II
- Big project case studies and research findings
- Procurement and contract management: life cycle procurement
- IT benchmarking
Agile project management
- History and successes
- Agile practices
- Agile disciplines and fulfilling control and reporting needs
- Setting up the agile team
Advanced Business Intelligence
- Information and intelligence to run an organisation: data driven models and budgetary control; decision support systems; risk modelling and data-mining
- Further techniques to define information: Critical Success Factors, KPIs, Balanced scorecard and benchmarks
- Specialist needs: combating money laundering; fraudulent trading etc.
- Communicating with the Boardroom: BI dashboards and BI usage
- The future: using BI to deliver policies
Using the web and social media for competitive gain
- BI and data-mining analysis of marketing and selling data
- Pro-active use of social media Facebook, viral campaigns, community groups
- Analysis of tweets and social media
- Dealing with big data and data discovery
The cost of this in-house varies based on number of participants, location and other factors. Request information for a training quote
You may also be interested in the two week course that goes into more depth:
- Advanced Strategic Information Technology
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Strategic Information Technology – Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!