Strategic Public Relations, Protocol & Travel Management - A 2-Week Training Course
This two-week professional course in Strategic Public Relations, Protocol & Travel Management is designed to build on candidates' existing knowledge of strategic PR and enable them to apply tactical skills and key aspects of protocol.
The course content covers key aspects of travel management, business meetings arrangements and effective tools for successfully managing corporate and public relations.
The training agenda includes the most recent and effective PR strategies, based on the instructors' experience in the field and on real life case studies.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Protocol officers
- Travel offices
- Travel executives
- Public relations officers
- Public relations executives
- Public Relations researchers
- Those responsible for protocol, travel and accommodation
- Those in PR in public sector, private sector and not-for-profit organisations
- Those in PR at the national, regional and community level
- Those working for international, global or supranational organisations
Training Course Content
This Strategic Public Relations, Protocol & Travel Management course will cover:
What is PR – Public Relations?
- Objectives and key elements of Public Relations
- Importance, benefits and challenges of Public Relations management
- How PR differs from marketing, advertising and sales
- Advantages and disadvantages of all PR options
- Importance of PR internally
- Print media and its current and likely future role in PR
- Television and the impact it can have
- Radio - relying on voice only
- Mobile technology and increasing accessibility
- Social media and multi-media - growth, complexity and impact
Writing for all media
- What makes a good story?
- How to win and keep reader’s attention
- Writing for print: marketing materials, news, features, editorial and letters
- Press releases which are published not ignored
- Writing effectively for electronic media
- Requirements of target audiences and stakeholders
- What are your competitors doing and how successfully?
- 15 different types of research to find out the answers
- Identifying the most appropriate way to reach your audiences
- Pitfalls to avoid on messages and content
PR events and activities
- Organising, preparing for and delivering presentations
- Visits to your organisation by media and journalists
- Lobbying: advantages, risks and impact
- Sponsorship: maximising return on investment (ROI)
- Corporate social responsibility
The right documents, at the right time, in the right place
- Organising passports, processing visas and overcoming the complexities and problems
- Compliance with entry requirements and immigration rules
- Ensuring the health, safety and security of staff and visitors
- Booking tickets; timetables; time differences; holidays; cancellations
- Airport procedures, requirements and duties
Accommodation and international travel requirements
- Factors to chose and book the most appropriate hotel and rooms
- Customer and protocol requirements; preferred hotels list; change in plans; families
- Car transport; tolls; parking; rental; security; motorcades
- Meeting the demands of business travel: payment methods and exchange rates
- Methods to research all possible options and prioritise the best
Exhibitions, conferences, visits and events – nationally and internationally
- Planning and organising events, conferences and visits
- Organising, exhibiting at or attending exhibitions
- Trade visits and the protocol for them
- Greeting foreign dignitaries, flying flags correctly and meeting expectations
- Order of precedence for official ceremonies
Budgeting and cost control
- Budgeting accurately and meaningfully
- Monitoring authorisation, approvals, expenditure, allowances, expenses and receipts
- Cost control for ensuring that expenses are legitimate
- Cancellations, claims, reimbursements, hospitality
- Insurance which is robust, appropriate and up-to-date
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Strategic Public Relations, Protocol & Travel Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!