Supervisory Skills - A 1-Week Training Course
Develop your supervisory skills.
The goal of this one-week Management & Leadership development course is to provide new managers and supervisors with a range of essential supervisory skills that will help them to reduce the stress and improve the effectiveness of their role.
The training covers skills that enable them to manage their time, solve problems and communicate with their team in a more effective manner.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Experienced supervisors who would like to refresh and develop their skills
- Supervisors who would like to develop practical and relevant skills and techniques
- Supervisors who are new to the role and want to learn and apply the relevant skills
- Team leaders
- Project supervisors
Training Course Content
This Supervisory Skills course will cover:
Verbal Communication Skills
- Structure simple messages using appropriate language and delivery
- Listen attentively to ensure mutual understanding
- Generate productive and open discussions to solve problems
- Overcome the barriers to effective verbal communication
- Analysis of factors which influence people
- How to influence people without power and authority over them
- Chairing and participating in meetings which produce results
- Finding common ground and reaching agreement
- Characteristics and skills of assertiveness
- Handling difficult people with confidence
- Giving feedback and receiving criticism constructively
- Responding appropriately to aggressive, assertive and passive people
Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Analysis of causes, symptoms and implications of a problem
- Generating a range of creative solutions
- Prioritising options against objective criteria to make a decision
- Implementing decisions, evaluating results and responding to feedback
Time and Stress Management
- Prioritising and organising work according to goals
- Eliminating time wasters
- Identifying the causes and symptoms of stress
- Planning and implementing your strategy to avoid burnout
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Supervisory Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!