Training the Trainer - A 1-Week Training Course
The aim of this intensive 1 week course with London Corporate Training is to enable learning and development professionals to plan and design effective training session, while understanding various learning styles and adapting the course materials and contents to their target audience. This course will help participants to develop the professional training skills, and ensure they maximise the positive impact of training and overcome any implementation challenges.
By attending this Training the Trainer course, participants will understand the principles and methods of effective knowledge transfer and develop practical and interactive session s.
Upon course completion, participants will have improved their presentation skills and built confidence and gravitas within the training environment. The overall aim of the course is to enable participants to enhance organisation and employee development by creating a Learning, Training and Development (LTD) culture , and to be able to plan and manage a LTD needs analysis.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Training professionals who have responsibility to design and deliver a Learning, Training and Development (LTD) programme including running training courses
- Training professionals who wish to develop further their training skills
- All managers who wish to gain a greater understanding of LTD and want to develop specific training skills
Training Course Content
This Training the Trainer course will cover:
- Business, HR, OD and LTD strategies including succession planning
- The changing role of the trainer in a LTD environment
- Identifying the range of LTD interventions
- Measuring the return on investment (ROI)
- Using HR, OD and LTD to manage business risks, create a competitive advantage and be seen as an employer of choice
LTD needs analysis
- Defining a LTD analysis
- Carrying out a skills gap analysis and looking at the different ways you can gather useful information
- Training and when it may be, and may not be, the most appropriate response
- Assessing the range of LTD interventions in light of the LTD needs analysis
Designing a training session
- Identifying the key stages in designing a training session
- Engaging with different learning styles
- Planning the structure and format to increase engagement
- Ensuring effective learning
- Evaluating the training
Developing professional training skills
- Developing emotional intelligence skills
- Using your communication and presentation skills
- Learning how to give and receive feedback
- Developing an internal Train the Trainer programme to build capacity and capability
Overcoming implementation challenges and barriers
- LTD, training courses and organisational change programmes
- Looking at training from the delegate’s perspective
- Overcoming barriers to engagement and development
- Working with line managers
- Implementing new skills
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Training the Trainer course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!