Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Climate Change: Economics and Governance
Climate Change: Economics and Governance - 5-day executive course
This Climate Change: Economics and Governance executive course delivers a comprehensive overview of the economic and governance issues associated with climate change, alongside the risks and opportunities presented for different players in the international arena.
Taught by LSE's prestigious Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, the 5-day programme begins with a thorough introduction to climate change from both a scientific and social scientific perspective, presenting delegates with an overview of key concepts, facts and controversies. With a focus on economic and governance issues, the course covers the following four interrelated topics:
- climate change mitigation - reducing carbon emissions, technology & costs, policy instruments, carbon markets and demand management in key sectors;
- adaptation - planned and autonomous adaptation, links to economic growth & policy reduction, vulnerability & resilience, financing issues;
- politics, governance & institutional development - international institutional framework, international law, bargaining, policymaking & implementation, NGOs, business & communities;
- risks and opportunities - challenges and opportunities for different organisations.
Delegates will leave the course with a solid understanding of the different policy tools available to tackle climate risks in the face of global uncertainty.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Climate Change: Economics and Governance short course is suitable for:
- senior executives looking for an insight into how climate change affects their business
- international governments and organisations working with climate change & the environment
- companies and industry groups needing a greater understanding of carbon regulation & related issues
- global development professionals dealing with climate change and related policies
- individuals looking to understand the implications of climate change for finance & investment
Students are expected to have:
- fluency in English
- an undergraduate degree
- an absolute minimum of 2 years’ professional experience
Training Course Content
The course covers the following key topics:
- Climate-change mitigation: technologies to reduce carbon emissions and their costs; barriers to emissions reductions; policy instruments, including carbon markets and demand-management measures in key economic sectors
- Adaptation: what can climate models and science tell us about what we are adapting to, where and when? Decision-making under uncertainty; planned and autonomous adaptation; vulnerability and resilience; relationships between adaptation, economic growth and poverty reduction; financing adaptation
- Politics, governance and institutional development: the international institutional architecture; international law; political bargaining at the international and national levels; policy-making and policy implementation by governments, non-governmental organisations, businesses and communities
- Risks and opportunities: the risks and opportunities created by climate change for different organisations
About LSE's Short Executive Courses
The LSE Executive Education Courses has developed the skills of executives from over 60 different countries, and will be offering 14 world-class courses as part of its exclusive 2018 programme.
Participating will enable you to:
- take time to think about how cutting-edge theories and best-practice can be applied to your business
- engage with world-class LSE teaching faculty
- study at the world-renowned LSE campus, right in the heart of London
- take advantage of global networking opportunities
Fees for this course are £3,995
LSE Alumni – graduates of the LSE and previous attendees of the LSE Executive Education Courses are entitled to a 15 per cent discount *Exclusions apply*
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: London School of Economics and Political Science
LSE - Providing Innovative Education to Professionals & Organisations
The London School of Economics and Political Science, commonly known as LSE, is one of the world's leading social science institutions, offering a broad range of undergraduate, graduate and executive courses spanning the full spectrum of subjects included in this diverse field, from...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for London School of Economics and Political Science
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Climate Change: Economics and Governance course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!