Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Designing Strategy for Competitive AdvantageLondon School of Economics and Political Science
Designing Strategy for Competitive Advantage
Designing Strategy for Competitive Advantage- 5-day executive course at LSE
Equip yourself with the tools demanded to analyse dynamic competitive situations in order to implement effective and successful new business strategies.
Strategic analysis is one of the most fundamental tools that managers require to succeed, and many failures in business can be traced to the misinterpretation of this foundational concept in business.
This course delves into the drivers of differences in profitability across firms in a variety of sectors; from short-term competition, to a company’s innovative and transformational ability in the long-term. It will locate the key challenges facing for-profit firms amongst the complexity of competition, and will demonstrate to executives how it is possible to find a pathway to competitive advantage.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Designing Strategy for Competitive Advantage short course is suitable for:
- Executives searching for insight into the principles that govern competitive advantage across industries in our economy
- Professionals within public sector companies that need to interact with profit firms, for example in partnerships or alliances
- Individuals looking to understand the implications of a strategic plan for the lifespan of their own business
- Professionals from industries where formal strategic education has been delayed/traded in favour of further technical expertise training
Requirements in brief:
- Fluency in English
- Undergraduate degree
- an absolute minimum of 2 years’ professional experience
The course will explore the drivers of a firm’s competitive advantage from short-term decisions, such as understanding the impact of a competitor’s new patent, to more advanced decisions such as devising a strategic plan to react to disruptive technologies with an option to expand or abandon as the discontinuity unfolds.
This course is designed to introduce all fundamental concepts and use these as a foundation to understand more advanced material. A core strength of the course is the presentation of each concept with short counterintuitive examples so that the student recognises by her/himself the concept’s meaning and value.
The Major topics covered by this course are:
- The business model of the firm
- Competitive advantage
- Cumulative resources and growth
- Innovation and Disruption
- Value chain and synergies
About LSE's Short Executive Courses
The LSE Executive Education Courses has developed the skills of executives from over 60 different countries, and will be offering 14 world-class courses as part of its exclusive 2018 programme.
Participating will enable you to:
- take time to think about how cutting-edge theories and best-practice can be applied to your business
- engage with world-class LSE teaching faculty
- study at the world-renowned LSE campus, right in the heart of London
- take advantage of global networking opportunities
Fees for this course are £5,795.
LSE Alumni – graduates of the LSE and previous attendees of the LSE Executive Education Courses are entitled to a 15 per cent discount.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: London School of Economics and Political Science
LSE - Providing Innovative Education to Professionals & Organisations
The London School of Economics and Political Science, commonly known as LSE, is one of the world's leading social science institutions, offering a broad range of undergraduate, graduate and executive courses spanning the full spectrum of subjects included in this diverse field, from...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Designing Strategy for Competitive Advantage course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.