Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Fixed Income: Markets, Securities and InstitutionsLondon School of Economics and Political Science
Fixed Income: Markets, Securities and Institutions- 5-day executive course at LSE
Develop the skills required to operate successfully at the leading-edge of fixed income markets.
The fixed income market is the world’s largest, most complex financial market. This intensive programme is aimed at mid to senior level executives, portfolio managers, investors, central bankers, and regulators who seek to understand the cutting edge of modern fixed income markets.
The course is delivered by leading LSE faculty who conduct world-class research into capital markets and their institutions. Over five days, participants will gain an authoritative overview of the critical players and institutions that shape the market, while also developing key valuation and risk management techniques.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will be valuable for financial services executives, portfolio managers, investors, central bankers, regulators, and lawyers with an interest in securities markets.
Training Course Content
- Gain valuable insight into Treasury markets and other government bond markets, including hands-on practice in bond valuation, interest rate risk analysis, and in interpreting the behaviour of the yield curve
- Engage with recent research that demonstrates the influence and role of central banks through conventional and unconventional monetary policy
- Achieve a broad understanding of the key money markets: the fed funds market, the Eurodollar market and benchmark interest rates
- Understand the LIBOR scandal and the current and future impact of LIBOR market reform
- Master valuation and risk management techniques in forward and interest-rate swap markets
- Study secured funding (repo) markets, including the role of these markets during the financial crisis
- Learn about the credit risk and CDS markets
- Explore securitisation and CDOs and their role in recent market turmoil, and discuss the future of these financial instruments
The programme takes an interactive approach through carefully selected case studies, hands-on exercises and discussion sessions with faculty and senior industry peers.
Fees for this course are £5,795
LSE Alumni – graduates of the LSE and previous attendees of the LSE Executive Education Courses are entitled to a 15 per cent discount.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
In this short film, members of the Executive Education Courses share their views on their programmes.
LSE - Providing Innovative Education to Professionals & Organisations
The London School of Economics and Political Science, commonly known as LSE, is one of the world's leading social science institutions, offering a broad range of undergraduate, graduate and executive courses spanning the full spectrum of subjects included in this diverse field, from...
Find out more about this Fixed Income: Markets, Securities and Institutions course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.