Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a 58 credits qualification and is designed to provide students with the opportunity to progress to higher diploma levels and gain relative experience and knowledge.
Ofqual Qualification Number: 603/0819/9
What is Ofqual?
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.
OfQual has set a range of rules for regulated qualifications, as well as guidance which supports those rules. The body also has set out separate rules for national assessments.
Why choose LSPM?
- Your qualification is recognised and accepted world over.
- Experience online-time study like never before with our purpose built smart learning tools which gives you advantage of studying anytime and anywhere.
- Flexible payment plans, pay fee in easy monthly, quarterly or yearly instalments.
- Fast track mode - attain your qualification in just 6 months !
- Dedicated Tutor Support via live chat.
This qualification can progress learners to the Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care. It will explore basic human development, legislative frameworks and protocols, look at how care is accessed and provided in the UK, together with examining core approaches to service users.
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person?centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings
- Promote communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of Supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Purpose and principles of independent advocacy
- Understand mental wellbeing and mental health promotion
- Understand mental health problems
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a personpentred approach
- Understand the role of communication and interactions with individuals who have dementia
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Causes and spread of infection
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand physical disability
- Understand sensory loss
- Understand models of disability
- Test for substance use
- Obtain venous blood samples
- Work with families, carers and individuals during times of crisis
Suitability - Who should attend?
Learners must be 16 year of age to apply. • No specific entry requirements for this programme • No formal qualification required for entry to this programme.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
NVQ Level 3 and relevant components
London School of Planning and Management
LSPM is dedicated to advancing the frontiers of the study of management and planning, through its research, collaboration across the entire LSPM, and its commitment with enterprises, organizations, and leaders throughout the world. We aspire to use knowledge in pursuit...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!