Human Resource Management for ManagersLondon School of Public Relations
Human Resource Management for Managers
All available course dates
Human Resource Management for Managers
The 2 day certificated professional development course Human Resource Management, will focus on the core specialist skills required to be an effective manager in your role within human resource management. The course will open up discussion and understanding of HR processes and their relationship with organisational performance and culture. You will acquire the specialist knowledge and skills needed to succeed as a professional in the field of HR management and training.
The training will explore the HR function at strategic and operational levels. We will delve into understanding of the fundamentals of the HR functions and policies. These will include: the overall responsibility for recruitment, selection, appraisal, staff development and training, internal communications, employee relations, performance management, understanding and implementing employment legislation and welfare. This course is essential to managers involved in the HR function and need to be updated on the latest policies and best practices. The course is very hands on and consultative in its delivery.
There will be several practical exercises set out to gain as a real an experience as possible, in dealing with various managerial HR techniques.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Team leaders
- HR Professionals
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Advanced Certificate.
On this course, you will learn:
- The essentials of human resource management
- The latest in HR policies
- Compliance and HR: employment laws and legislation
- HR at strategic and operational levels within organisations
- HR at operational levels within organisations
- Internal communications and employee engagement
- Management and employee relationships
- Good practices in the recruitment and selection of new employees
- Effective interview techniques
- Effective appraisal and feedback systems
- Putting in place learning and development systems
- Creating high performing teams
- Creating cohesive teams
Training Course Content
The fundamentals of the human resource management functions and policies
- The essential role that HR have within organisations
- Current HR policies and principles
- Concepts of HR compliance
- The latest on employment law and legislation
- Ensuring policies match up with the organisational culture
- Creating strategic HR plans that are flexible and adaptable to change
The principles of operational HR planning, recruitment, training and team performance
- Enhancing internal communications and engagement
- Enhancing employee and management relations
- The process of recruitment and selection and recruitment of new employees
- Practical interviewing of new staff techniques
- Setting in place effective appraisal and feedback systems
- The process of implementing training and development policies
- Coaching employees to reach high performing teams
- Positive team-building and cohesive working relationships
Why choose London School of Public Relations
Founded in 1992
All courses taught by industry experts
Practical, discussion based learning.
London School of Public Relations
Since 1992 the London School of Public Relations (LSPR) has been training aspiring and existing PR professionals to help them progress their careers in public relations and related roles. The school offers a range of practical, intensive, tailored and engaging training...
Average rating 4.5Based on 2 reviews.
Find out more about this Human Resource Management for Managers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!