Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Presentation Skills - 1-Day Course
Through this one-day course from the London School of Public Relations participants will develop their skillset for more effective and confident presentations and pitching. The course will explore the fundamentals of how to deliver successful presentations, including utilising and developing individual styles for more effective communication, how to manage body language and how to leave positive impressions with your audience.
Participants will come away from the course feeling empowered to deliver more confident presentations and interactions that get the desired results.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course participants will be awarded a Certificate in Presentation Skills from the London School of Public Relations.
Training Course Content
The course content outline is as follows:
Introduction: Body Language
- Personal image – perception and identity
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding body language
- Using body language to create impact
- Use of gestures to create emphasis
- Importance of eye contact
Effective Use of our Voice
- Voice awareness and pitch
- Voice control techniques
- Using your voice to create impact and emphasis
- Using your voice assertively
- Speaking with confidence
- Developing your “unique” style and voice delivery
- Understanding your audience
- Modifying your style of presentation to the type of audience
- Building trust and rapport with your audience
- Using inspirational stories to create a connection that leads to engagement with the audience
- Using the correct language and style to create influence
- Listening to the audience and applying emotional intelligence
Developing your Unique Style of Delivery
- Establishing your presence and developing charisma
- Bringing your personality to life
- Developing a confident, focused style that creates a positive impact
Structuring the Presentation
- How to open and close a presentation
- Getting your key points made within the first few seconds of opening
- Keeping to message and maintaining consistent focus throughout the presentation
- Time management
Handling Questions Effectively
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
- Managing the Q & A session
- Handling difficult and challenging questions
The cost of this course is £380 per participant.
The London School of Public Relations can also deliver this course as in-house training for your company, tailored to meet specific business needs or areas of interest. Contact the school for more information.
Provider: London School of Public Relations
London School of Public Relations - Advance Your PR Career
Since 1992 the London School of Public Relations (LSPR) has been training aspiring and existing PR professionals to help them progress their careers in public relations and related roles. The school offers a range of practical, intensive, tailored and engaging training...