3DS MAX Vray Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day CourseLondon Software Training
3DS MAX Vray Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day Course
All available course dates
3DS MAX & Vray Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day Course
At London Software Training, we would like to reassure you that we will continue to provide the same exceptional training and support to you. Given the current climate our courses will run as Live Online Training, that you can study from home or work.
The Live Online Training enables:
You to see the Lecturers live screen - guiding you step by step
Ability to share your live screen with the Lecturer - offering immediate help & feedback&;
You will be able to speak with each other, as you would in a classroom setting&;
Equally effective to in-person training, as Lecturer can help you instantaneously
We will&;provide a link to download the free software trial 2 days before your training (trials are free for 30 days). Closer to your training, we will send a link to join the online training.
Who is this course for?
The 3DS MAX & Vray course is perfect for those looking to create realistic visuals for all design disciplines. No previous experience is necessary.
The training is ideal for designers or those looking to gain employment in design, wishing to get a greater understanding of the software and its use for concept creation, design development and visualisation.
As 3D modelling/CAD software is now used widely within the creative industries for concept generation, communication and digital artefact production it is essential that anyone wanting to enter this domain is able to offer these core skills.
Course price includes
- Free group course re-take within 18 months
- Expert teaching from practising architects, designers and software pros
- Hands-on, practical lessons - tailoring of syllabus and work on your projects
- Video tutorials and&;digital reference book for revision and development
- LST certificate of completion&;for your CV and LinkedIn
- Free career guidance&;
- Helping to support free, London Youth design courses
Your tutors are&;designers, makers and architects, as well as software pros.&;They will guide you on the best way to apply for design roles or set-up a creative business, whilst teaching you&;all the key technical skills to make your CV and portfolio stand out from the crowd.
3DS MAX & Vray opens up many opportunities within industry, we offer guidance on CV and portfolio building as part of the course. You may also want to look at London Software Training’s Career Development packages to develop your creative opportunities.
- Furniture Design
- Lighting Design
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
- Intro to Polygon Mesh Modelling and good modelling practices.
- Overview of 3DS MAX User Interface and available features.
- Import and use of 2D images as modelling design guides.
- Introduction to polygon modelling tools, sub-object manipulation, transforms and modifiers.
- Introduction to 3DS Max's default scanline renderer and materials for concept render and animation production including camera setup and lighting for a basic photo studio setup.
- Geometry checking and export of geometry in preparation for 3D Printing.
Students will be able to translate a hand sketch into a 3D poly model using 3DS Max’s poly modelling tools, modifiers and transforms which they will then light and apply materials to in order to produce photorealistic renders.
- What is 3DS Max and what is it for?
- Introduction to UI, Save and Import.
- Introduction to Polygon Meshes. 3ds Max ‘Edit Poly’ Geometry DNA [Vertices, Edges, Border,Polygon and Elements] Shapes, Lines and Editable Splines. Primitives and Extended Primitives. NORMALS.
- Viewport shading, File and System Units, Transforms, Reference Coordinate Systems, Snaps-Mirror and Align, Pivots, Cursor Selection Methods. Selection Lock Toggle.
- Modifiers and the Modifier Stack [show final result and pin, make unique and modifier order].
- Turbo Smooth Modifier. Copy, Instance & Reference. Select and Manipulate. Array and Spacing Tool.
- Spline, Plane & Polygon Box Modelling [defining detail where needed]. Spline Render in Viewport/Renderer]. Lathe Modifier Modelling from Spline. Convert to..NURB, MESH and Patches overview. Edit Poly/Editable Poly Sub-Object tools with soft selection.
- Default Scanline Renderer with Light Tracer; Materials, Texture Maps, UV Mapping, Standard Lights[standard & photometric], Cameras & Environment.sub-object selections and parameters & modifiers. Snapshots.
- Compound Objects: e.g: Boolean/Pro-Boolean, Scatter , Loft, Conform, Sha
The new online CSS beautifier website allows you to organize style for websites.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of Attendance
A 20% discount applies to all courses until 31/08/2021. Contact London Software Training for more information.
London Software Training
London Software Training offers hands-on, practical training courses, specialising in design software. Our handpicked industry professionals and software pros will guide you through each program in any of our group, corporate and one-to-one courses and ensure you gain the skills to navigate...
Find out more about this 3DS MAX Vray Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!