Who is this course for?
The 3DS MAX & Vray course is perfect for those looking to create realistic visuals for all design disciplines. No previous experinece is necessary.
The training is ideal for designers or those looking to gain employment in design, wishing to get a greater understanding of the software and its use for concept creation, design development and visualisation.
As 3D modelling/CAD software is now used widely within the creative industries for concept
generation, communication and digital artefact production it is essential that anyone wanting to enter this domain is able to offer these core skills.
Course Prices Include
- Expert teaching from practicing architects and designers
- Hands-on, practical lessons
- Tailoring of syllabus
- Work on your projects
- Bespoke video tutorials to take home
- Digital reference book for revision
- LST certificate of completion
- 10% of all fees allocated to design training for charities and schools.
- Free course re-take within 18 Months
3DS MAX & Vray opens up many opportunities within industry, we offer guidance on CV and portfolio building as part of the course. You may also want to look at London Software Training’s Career Development Packages to develop your creative opportunities.
- Furniture Design
- Lighting Design
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
- Intro to Polygon Mesh Modelling and good modelling practices.
- Overview of 3DS MAX User Interface and available features.
- Import and use of 2D images as modelling design guides.
- Introduction to polygon modelling tools, sub-object manipulation, transforms and modifiers.
- Introduction to 3DS Max's default scanline renderer and materials for concept render and animation production including camera setup and lighting for a basic photo studio setup.
- Geometry checking and export of geometry in preparation for 3D Printing.
Students will be able to translate a hand sketch into a 3D poly model using 3DS Max’s poly modelling tools, modifiers and transforms which they will then light and apply materials to in order to produce photorealistic renders.
- What is 3DS Max and what is it for?
- Introduction to UI, Save & Import.
- Introduction to Polygon Meshes. 3ds Max ‘Edit Poly’ Geometry DNA [Vertices, Edges, Border,Polygon & Elements] Shapes, Lines & Editable Splines. Primitives and Extended Primitives. NORMALS.
- Viewport shading, File & System Units, Transforms, Reference Coordinate Systems, Snaps-Mirror & Align, Pivots, Cursor Selection Methods. Selection Lock Toggle.
- Modifiers and the Modifier Stack [show final result & pin, make unique & modifier order].
- Turbo Smooth Modifier. Copy, Instance & Reference. Select & Manipulate. Array & Spacing Tool.
- Spline, Plane & Polygon Box Modelling [defining detail where needed]. Spline Render in Viewport/Renderer]. Lathe Modifier Modelling from Spline. Convert to..NURB, MESH and Patches overview. Edit Poly/Editable Poly Sub-Object tools with soft selection.
- Default Scanline Renderer with Light Tracer; Materials, Texture Maps, UV Mapping, Standard Lights[standard & photometric], Cameras & Environment.sub-object selections and parameters & modifiers. Snapshots.
- Compound Objects: e.g: Boolean/Pro-Boolean, Scatter , Loft, Conform, Sha
Outcome / Qualification etc.
London Software Training
London Software Training offers hands-on, practical training courses, specialising in design software. Our handpicked industry professionals and software pros will guide you through each program in any of our group, corporate and one-to-one courses and ensure you gain the skills to navigate...
Find out more about this 3DS MAX ; Vray Introduction to Intermediate Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!