Who is this course for?
Our Adobe InDesign Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day Course is ideal for beginners and aims to get you to a confident intermediate level after 4 evening sessions. The Adobe InDesign Introduction to Intermediate Course is ideal for beginners or anyone looking to consolidate their design skills on the industry standard Adobe software whilst balancing the commitments of working life.
What will you learn?
In our intensive and hands-on 3 day course, you’ll be up and running with InDesign and have the skills and confidence to use the software with ease and bring your creative ideas to life. You’ll begin with the InDesign essentials like the user interface and identifying project requirements before moving on to the more complex skills needed to create professional quality designs.
- Expert teaching from practicing architects and designers
- Bespoke video tutorials to take home
- Digital reference book for revision
- Free ongoing after support
- Tailoring of syllabus and projects where possible
- LST certificate of completion
- 10% of all fees allocated to design training for charities and schools.
- Free course re-take within 18 Months.
- Digital Imaging
- Image quality and resolution
- Bitmap and vector graphics
- Image and canvas size
- Colour spaces and bit depth
- Design principles
- Files formats and media
- Create a new document
- Controlling the workspace
- Screen layout and window arrangements
- Navigation and zoom shortcuts
- Undo, redo and history
- Guides, grid and ruler
- Use the Red Eye tool
- Use the Clone Stamp tools
- Use the Blur, Sharpen and Smudge tools
- Use the Dodge, Burn and Sponge tools
- Content-Aware Tools
- Create, delete and edit layers
- Name, hide, arrange layers
- Merge and group layers
- Change opacity and blending modes
- Cropping Images
- Transform, Scale and Distort Layers
- Creating selections using the selection tools
- Improve and refine selections
- Transform, scale and distort selections
- Saving and loading selections
- Create layer masks and clipping masks
- Image Retouching
- Use the healing brushes, Patch and content-aware tools
- Work with the Color Picker
- Use the Eyedropper tools
- Colour Correction and Adjustment
- Use Adjustment layers
- Levels and curves
- Hue and saturation
- Shadow and highlights
- Create text using the Type tool
- Discover character properties
- Discover paragraph properties
- Working with styles and adding styles to text
- Output graphics for web, print and video
- Compress image size
- Save and share colours and swatches
- Create and control gradients
- Correct and retouch images
- Painting and working with Brushes
- Colours and Gradients
Adobe InDesign opens up many opportunities within industry, we offer guidance on CV and portfolio building as part of the course. You may also want to look at London Software Training’s Career Development Packages to develop your creative opportunities.
- Interior Design
- Furniture Design
- Lighting Design
- Jewellery Design
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
Outcome / Qualification etc.
London Software Training
London Software Training offers hands-on, practical training courses, specialising in design software. Our handpicked industry professionals and software pros will guide you through each program in any of our group, corporate and one-to-one courses and ensure you gain the skills to navigate...
Find out more about this Adobe Indesign Introduction to Intermediate Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!