AutoCAD 2D Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day CourseLondon Software Training
AutoCAD 2D Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day Course
All available course dates
AutoCAD 2D Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day Course
AutoCAD is a computer-aided design software used by architects, engineers and construction professionals. The software is a powerful tool used for plans, elevations, sections, and 3D models. AutoCAD is considered a staple for any architectural, engineering, construction and design career.
This AutoCAD 2D Introduction to intermediate course will take complete beginners to confident AutoCAD users in 3 days, with a range of in-depth and practical lessons for those looking to produce 2D plans and elevations using the software.
After completing this course you'll be fully equipped to create your own detailed and professional drawings for architectural, engineering, interior, product, jewellery or fashion design.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Whether you're looking to further your career, use AutoCAD in your existing role or are looking for a new and exciting creative avenue, this course is for you. Once you've completed this course, you could join our AutoCAD 2D Intermediate to Advanced Course and take your new skills to the next level.
No previous experience of Autodesk AutoCAD 2D is required, just a keenness to learn!
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You'll receive a London Software Training certificate on successful completion of this course.
Training Course Content
- Navigating the working environment
- Working with files
- Displaying objects
Creating basic drawings
- Inputting data
- Creating basic objects
- Using object snaps
- Using Polar Tracking and PolarSnap
- Using object snap tracking
- Working with units
- Selecting objects in the drawing
- Changing an object’s position
- Creating new objects from existing objects
- Changing the angle of an object’s position
- Creating a mirror image of existing objects
- Creating object patterns
- Changing an object’s size
Drawing organisation and inquiry commands
- Using layers
- Changing object properties
- Matching object properties
- Using the properties palette
- Using linetypes
- Using inquiry commands
- Trimming and extending objects to defined boundaries
- Creating parallel and offset geometry
- Joining objects
- Breaking an object into two objects
- Applying a radius corner to two objects
- Creating an angled corner between two objects
- Changing part of an object’s shape
Layouts and viewports
- Using layouts
- Creating layouts
- Modifying layouts and using page setups
- Using Viewports
- Creating layout viewports
- Working with layout viewports
- Controlling object visibility in layout viewports
Annotating a drawing
- Creating multi-line text
- Creating single line text
- Using text styles
- Editing text
- Creating dimensions
- Using dimension styles
- Editing dimensions
- Using multileaders
- Hatching objects
- Editing hatch objects
Working with reusable content
- Using blocks
- Working with DesignCenter
- Using tool palettes
Creating additional drawing objects
- Working with polylines
- Creating splines
- Creating ellipses
- Using tables
Plotting your drawings
- Using page setups
- Working with plotter configuration files
- Creating and applying
- Plotting drawings
- Plot style tables
- Publishing drawings
Creating drawing templates
- Using drawing templates
Course delivery details
London Software Training courses are delivered live online and in-classroom, offering you the option to attend from the comfort of your home or at our training studio in Hackney, East London.
Live online training enables you to:
- See the lecturer's live screen - guiding you step by step
- Share your live screen with the lecturer who can offer immediate help and feedback
- Speak with other students, as you would in a classroom setting
We provide a link to download the free software trial 2 days before your training (trials are free for 30 days). Closer to your training, we will send a link to join the online training.
Your course price includes:
- Free group course re-take within 18 months
- Hands-on, practical lessons
- Tailoring of syllabus and work on your projects
- Video tutorials and digital reference book for revision and development
- LST certificate of completion for your CV and LinkedIn
- Free career guidance
Your tutors are designers, makers and architects, as well as software pros. They will guide you on the best way to apply for design roles or set up a creative business, whilst teaching you all the key technical skills to make your CV and portfolio stand out from the crowd.
Experience in Autodesk AutoCAD 2D opens up many opportunities in various industries and London Software Training offers guidance on CV and portfolio building as part of the course. You may also want to look at London Software Training’s Career Development Packages to develop your creative opportunities.
- Interior Design
- The Arts
- Furniture Design
- Product Design
- Events Planning
London Software Training
London Software Training offers hands-on, practical training courses, specialising in design software. Our handpicked industry professionals and software pros will guide you through each programme in any of our group, corporate and one-to-one courses and ensure you gain the skills to navigate...
Average rating 5Based on 61 reviews.
Find out more about this AutoCAD 2D Introduction to Intermediate 3 Day Course course - simply fill out your details: