Vectorworks Introduction to Intermediate Course
Our expert tutor will guide you through the ins and outs of the software, with a range of practical, hands-on lessons ensuring you leave with the skills and confidence to fully take advantage of Vectorworks software. The course focuses on 2D design, with the Vectorworks Intermediate to Advanced Course teaching you 3D, BIM, lighting and rendering.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Training Course Content
- Role of CAD / Introduction to the Vectorworks software
- Setting up Workspace & Basic options
- Basic skills – drawing & selecting objects
- Editing skills – combining shapes, mirroring, rotating & grouping objects
- Working to scale, setting preferences & saving templates
- Drawing & moving objects accurately
- Further editing tools – fillet & offset
- Introduction to basic attributes & editing groups
- Duplicate arrays – linear, rectangular & circular
- Room plan graphics – walls, windows & doors
- Drawing up a room plan
- Further attributes including hatch, gradient & image fills
- Drawing elevations – methods & techniques
- Creating image fills for elevations
- Creating symbols & introduction to Resource Browser
- Organising the drawing using Design Layers
- Labelling the drawings & simple title block text
- Converting drawings into PDFs
- Working with Files
- User Interface and Terminology Displaying Objects
- Using Drawing Templates Inputting Data
- Objects and Data
- Using Object Snaps
- Selecting objects with quick select Dividing and measuring objects Dimensioning and
- Annotation Working with text
- Creating custom tool palettes Organising tool palettes Managing external references
- Referencing non-native file types
- Using Tool Palettes
- Standard views
- Creating Additional Drawing Object
- Snap, Arc, Donut and Ellipse
- Working with Units Layers
- Manipulating Objects DrawingTemplates
- Selecting Objects in the Drawing User Interface and Terminology Plotting andPrinting
- Changing the Angle of an Object’s Position
- Save, Exit, Open
- Creating a Mirror Image of Existing Objects
- Changing an Object’s Size Snap, Arc, Donut and Ellipse Title Blocks
London Software Training
London Software Training offers hands-on, practical training courses, specialising in design software. Our handpicked industry professionals and software pros will guide you through each program in any of our group, corporate and one-to-one courses and ensure you gain the skills to navigate...
Find out more about this Vectorworks Introduction to Intermediate Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!