Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
AIM RegulationLondon Stock Exchange Group Academy
The emphasis of this seminar will be on the practical implications of the regulatory and governance requirements for AIM companies, demonstrating how companies should comply and where good market practices add value. Leading capital market experts will provide their perspective and guidance via a series of presentations and practical worked examples.
AIM is the London Stock Exchange’s market for smaller, growing companies and is the most successful growth market in the world. Since its launch in 1995, over 3,600 companies from across the globe have chosen to join AIM. Powering the companies of tomorrow, AIM continues to help smaller and growing companies raise the capital needed for expansion. AIM is renowned worldwide for its balanced approach to regulation which is uniquely suited to smaller, fast growth companies. The AIM Rules are concise and principles based. This interactive half day seminar sets out the rules and responsibilities in relation to AIM companies and their obligations as listed entitie.
The course builds a framework for understanding the following:
- The role of the Nomad in the run-up to flotation and on an ongoing basis
- Meeting requirements of latest rules and regulations
- Governance and reporting guidance for AIM companies
CPD points: This programme attracts 3 CPD points.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is an ideal course for professionals from advisory firms, newly quoted AIM companies and companies seeking flotation on AIM. It will be of direct relevance for the following audiences and institutions:
- Companies considering an AIM flotation
- Lawyers and accountants advising AIM companies
- Senior management from AIM companies
- New joiners to AIM companies
- PR, IR and corporate broking professionals working with AIM clients
- Audit professionals responsible for auditing AIM companies
- Advisory firms responsible for preparing international companies for flotation
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course is worth 3 CPD points
Training Course Content
9.00 - 9:05 Chair’s welcome - Overview and objectives of the seminar
9:05 – 9.50 Putting AIM into context
- History, current trends and developments, differences to main market
9:50 – 10:50 AIM rules
- Update on the regulatory framework for all listed companies including MAR and other disclosure related changes to the AIM rules
- Contributing to an open and fair market via managing inside information and share dealing by senior management
10:50 – 11:20 Coffee
11:20 – 12.10 The role of the NOMAD and Broker:
- NOMAD eligibility criteria and continuing obligations
- The impact of MiFID II
- Transactions – class tests, notifications and related parties and a shareholder’s right of pre-emption
12:10 - 12:55 Reporting to the market:
- Corporate reporting update; Guidelines and guidance
- Best practice case studies and practical lessons
12:55 - 13:00 – Final questions and close
Request information to schedule this course for your organisation
LSEG Academy - Financial training from the London Stock Exchange Group
As the training arm of the world-renowned London Stock Exchange Group, LSEG Academy works to help professionals develop the practical skills they need to navigate today's rapidly evolving financial markets. Academy designs, develops and delivers courses for clients across the...
Find out more about this AIM Regulation course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.