Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Category Management Training
It is of vital importance for suppliers to analyse volumes of data, understand the category and the shopper, identify opportunities and land them at a fast pace. This course is CPD accredited.
The course consists of 2+1 classroom days, 6 months apart with support in between these days. Making Business Matter uses Sticky Learning, a unique training method delivered by a world-class tutor that has a wealth of experience in the UK Grocery Industry.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify their current category competency framework level and what is required to move up the levels.
- Identify more ways to interpret qualitative and quantitative data in order to identify more opportunities that drive category growth.
- Understand the key principles of current Category Management.
- Utilise new language that enhances their Category Management credibility.
- Better understand the shopper, the preparer and the eater.
- Better implement opportunities that have measurable benefits for the supermarket, the shopper, and their business.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for retailers to the UK supermarkets.
Training Course Content
Agree Category Targets
- 3 Legged Stool including overview and history of Category Management
- KPI and KRA/s
- Competency Frameworks
- Category Strategy and Tactics
Understand Your Shopper
- Pen Portraits and ‘SIM’ shopper insight mapping
- Purchase Decision Hierarchies
- Category Segmentation
- Data sources and metrics
Know Your Supermarket
- Retailer Visions & Strategies
- Category Roles
- In-store operations
- Digital – online and social media
Turn Analysis & Understanding Into Opportunities
- Range, Availability and Promotions
- Identifying opportunities from the left brain
- Identifying opportunities from the right brain
Sell £ Opportunities
- Trust Model
- Define your end in mind
- Know your audience
- 7 Steps for Essential preparation
- Communication Skills Tips
- Influencing Skills Tips
- Instore opportunities
Evaluate and Improve
- Evaluation Tools
- Store feedback, supply chain etc
Request information from the MBM for pricing details.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Making Business Matter (MBM) is the soft skills training provider to the UK Grocery Industry, helping Suppliers to win more business. They choose MBM because of its money back guarantee, relevant experience, and because MBM makes their learning stick. The problem...
Find out more about this Category Management Training course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!