Conflict Management Training
Conflict is frequent in the challenging world of UK supermarkets and suppliers. These conflicts could arise as a result of negotiations, tenders and differences of opinions. If the supplier gets it wrong, it could be very expensive. This course is CPD accredited and teaches you to understand your default position in conflict situations and how you can adopt alternative styles to achieve more desirable outcomes.
The course consists of 1+1 classroom days, 6 months apart with support in between these days. Making Business Matter uses Sticky Learning, a unique training method delivered by a world-class tutor that has a wealth of experience in the UK Grocery Industry.
Participants will be able to:
- Increase self-confidence when faced with conflict.
- Identify other people’s communication needs and styles.
- Exit difficult conversations knowing that the they are able to put their point across effectively.
- Know the right questions to ask at the right time, and demonstrate active listening, to really understand the other person’s perspective.
- Understand organisational politics and use a positive, ‘above the line’ approach that demonstrates awareness and integrity.
- Learn about body language, tone and words and what they can really mean.
Upcoming start dates
- In Company
- United Kingdom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for retailers to the UK supermarkets.
Training Course Content
- Refresh on ‘Learning To Learn’
- Sources of, and Reactions to, Conflict
- 5 Conflict Handling Modes; Individual assessment and how each helps, how each might hinder
- Body language in Conflict Situations; What is my body saying? And what are the subtle signals being shown by others?
- Effective Questioning and Listening
- Dealing with Manipulation
- Practising Positive Politics: Awareness and Integrity
- Role Rehearsal and feedback
Request information from the MBM for pricing details.