People Management Training
One of the main reasons people quit their jobs is because of a bad boss or immediate supervisor. This course is CPD accredited and it focuses on the real issues facing managers today. It looks at issues like how to have tough conversations and how to manage the friend/colleague reporting lines.
The course consists of 1+1 classroom days, 6 months apart with support in between these days. Making Business Matter uses Sticky Learning, a unique training method delivered by a world-class tutor that has a wealth of experience in the UK Grocery Industry.
The course provides managers with the techniques, tools and confidence to better deal with situations leading to improvements in team performance.
Participants will be able to:
- Offer and receive feedback that is ‘clear on issues and kind on people’.
- Set clear and meaningful performance expectations.
- Conduct a challenging performance conversation.
- Deliver a piece of motivational praise effectively.
- Demonstrate the skills and process of an effective coaching conversation.
- Identify current delegation opportunities and receive coaching on the approach to turn them into actions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for retailers to the UK supermarkets.
Training Course Content
- Refresh on ‘Learning To Learn’
- The Flexible Manager: Adapting your management style Sit-Lead / Hay Model
- Setting clear and meaningful performance expectations
- The skills of effective feedback – BOOOST, ART and/or SBI
- Conduct a challenging conversation
- The skills and process of Coaching
- What motivates my team? Motivation survey
- The Pygmalion Effect – the power of encouraging feedback
- The what’s and how’s of delegation
- Co-coaching: exploring delegation opportunities
Request information from the MBM for pricing details.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Making Business Matter (MBM) is the soft skills training provider to the UK Grocery Industry, helping Suppliers to win more business. They choose MBM because of its money back guarantee, relevant experience, and because MBM makes their learning stick. The problem...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Find out more about this People Management Training course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!