Dealing with Difficult People (Communication skills and assertiveness)Making Moves Sunflower Confidence Courses
Dealing with Difficult People (Communication skills and assertiveness)
Are difficult people getting in the way of your happiness, well-being and success?
You may find them at work, in social situations, you may live them or they may be members of your family?
Even worse when you see them getting away with things; getting their way even though there is no sense to it; getting advantages over everyone else; and in many cases being rewarded for their abusive behaviour with promotion and other advantages!
You probably would never want to behave the way they do. You don’t have it in you or you just couldn’t live with yourself if you behaved like that.
Maybe your attempts to confront them have failed and you’ve ended up with egg on your face, with them having more opportunity to have a “dig” at you.
As a result, you may have come to the conclusion that it’s the nasty people that get ahead, and someone like you just has to put up with this behaviour from others.
But is it really the nasty types that get ahead – in the long term?
Does being nasty, bullying, manipulating and overpowering other people really help to win friends and influence people? In the end, I believe this kind of behaviour does back-fire on most people.
Another Way to Build Confidence and Self Respect
But there is another way of interacting with these kinds of people that is a lot more effective.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Quiet, over-nice people who dislike or avoid confrontation.
- You may have experienced bullying or feel other people "walk all over you".
- You may be an introvert.
Are you fed up with:
- The difficult people in your life undermining you, walking all over you, taking advantage of you, manipulating you, dis-empowering you and generally dominating you.
- Feeling angry with yourself for giving your power away to these people, failing to be assertive once again and for losing your own self-respect.
- Seeing them get promoted, being rewarded for their abusive behaviour, and achieving the victories that are rightfully yours?
This is a more advanced course and aimed at people who have participated in previous Making Moves courses since we will be working through a dramatic process.
Therefore I prefer you to have participated in at least one of my courses or workshops before you sign up for this one.
If you have some drama experience, please contact me about your individual case.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Learning the powerful tools that are taught on this course will help to build your self-respect and confidence.
It will mean that these kinds of people, whilst unpleasant to deal with and to be around, won't get to dis-empower you.
It also will mean that they won’t even think of approaching you to do the menial tasks that no one else wants to do.
You may even find that they actually begin to listen to you, and even may become your allies.
There is a very high success rate from this course - with participants experiencing dramatic weekly improvements in how they handle all kinds of communications with challenging people.
Certificate of Attendance and CPD Certificates are available on request.
Training Course Content
A unique course to learn valuable tools on how to deal with the difficult people in your life
In this course Dealing with Difficult People, we will be addressing the area of how to hold your own against a wide range of difficult people, at work or in your personal life.
You will be discovering that you can get much further by being straightforward and authentic.
But you do need to know how to play the game which does not need you to resort to anything underhand. But it does require you to make a shift within yourself.
You'll be learning:
- About the 10 types of difficult people and how to effectively relate to them.
- About the 4 intentions that will give you vital clues as to what makes these people tick.
- How to bring out the best behaviour in people who are at the worst.
- You will learn powerful communication and drama exercises that enable you to get across your message to the difficult people in your life so that they can be more open to respecting your point of view.
- You’ll also be discovering if there’s anything you are doing that is causing them to behave towards you in a disrespectful way.
- You'll also have an opportunity to transform an issue with a particularly problematic person, so you have a better way of dealing with them or never have this experience ever again.
I look forward to supporting you in making a transformation in this area of your communication.
Making Moves Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses
Making Moves specialises in building confidence in quiet, reserved and introverted people, through a unique confidence-building system - the Sunflower Effect. Say goodbye to inhibitions, self-consciousness and develop a natural and authentic self-confidence. You will discover that it is not...
Find out more about this Dealing with Difficult People (Communication skills and assertiveness) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!