"I Don't Know What to Say" Improvisation for Social Confidence:
Overcome social awkwardness and social anxiety the fast, fun and easier way.
DO YOU find yourself drying up or going blank when under pressure, or get tongue-tied when someone makes a smart remark?
One of the reasons that you dry up or get tongue-tied – is because you are programmed to go into your head and try to think of something to say.
Most of us have become left-brain dominant because of the way we’ve been educated and we don’t know how to activate our powerful and more creative right-brain.
This is why the "I Don't Know what to Say" Improvisation Course is so effective at overcoming social difficulties. It gives you access to your spontaneous right-brain, and in fact, enables you to operate from both right and left-brain together.
It is probably one of the fastest and most effective ways of building verbal confidence as well as liberating you on all sorts of levels.
Live courses returned in September 2020. Due to current lockdown, we won't be running any live courses (Jan-April). Please see the webpage for details of our courses on zoom and for our COVID 19 safeguards.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is designed for people who want to become more socially confident, and who wouldn't normally go near a drama or "improv" class.
- You often hold yourself back because you are afraid you might say or do the wrong thing?
- You avoid failure at all costs because of experiences that have happened in the past, or because you were heavily criticised at work or in your family?
- You are an analytic kind of person (you may be an introvert). You’ve got this internal critic that never lets up, and is constantly criticising everything you say and do.
The course is a very safe environment to make mistakes and take risks - this is something that doesn’t come so easily to reserved people who often feel they have to "get it right" and don’t have the luxury to make mistakes.
Although this course is designed for beginners, if participating in a drama-based activity fill you with horror, you may want to start off the Breakthrough Course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
But the skills you learn in this course will serve you for the rest of your life
- You will find yourself thinking less and communicating in a natural way without the need to analyse everything before you speak.
- You will be amazed what starts to come out of your mouth without having to think about it - things you don't believe you could ever thought of.
- You will learn how to respond in the moment and, as a result, you will become less inhibited in social situations.
- You are lilkely to find it easier to "play" in your relationships and your interactions with others.
- People commonly find that health problems and emotional issues simply melt away. For one woman, a long-standing back problem completely disappeared as a result of participating.
- If you experience any kind of creative block or feel stuck in the area of writing, art, music or performance etc you may see a dramatic shift in your creative output.
Take this skill into your life and you will begin to experience more ease in your daily tasks. And you will deal with challenges more effectively,
But most of all you will have had tremendous fun with an enthusiastic bunch of people - and come away from sessions feeling light-hearted, inspired and energised. Many people report that this heightened state continues for days afterwards enabling them to accomplish their tasks with ease.
Training Course Content
You will learn how to respond in the most natural way - not from your head, but from your gut feelings, you will be surprised at the brilliance, wit and humour that flows out of you.
Once learnt it is a skill that you will never forget, and is probably most effective way of overcoming the blocks that keep you self-conscious or stuck for words.
- You will learn how to be more spontaneous and how to respond more in the moment, so you will become less inhibited in social situations and more able to respond to unexpected challenges.
- You will have tremendous fun, playing and creating with other people even if you think you can’t play. You are likely to find it easier to verbally play more in your relationships and communication.
- You will find yourself thinking less and allowing yourself to communicate in a natural way without the need to analyse everything before you speak.
- You will learn how to stand up to dominant and overpowering people.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER IMPROVISATION CLASSES
Firstly this is not an anonymous class where you are thrown in the deep end and where everyone else seems to know what they're doing except you.
This is a course - where you will build up a high level of trust with other people in a very safe environment.
A very important aspect of the course is the support and encouragement that you will receive from other course members.
Claire Schrader is an expert in confidence and having overcome acute self-consciousness, she knows what it's like to feel inhibited. She will gently guide you through a process that will enable you to overcome your difficulties with relative ease.
There are also opportunities to participate in other courses after you have completed this course, which will develop other skills to further build your confidence and overall success.
Participants often participate in is the Finding Your Voice Course - which will enable you to get over your fear of speaking in front of groups e.g. in meetings, giving presentations. It works very well in combination with the "I Don't Know What To Say" Improvisation Course.
From time to time I run an advanced course Improv 2 - only for previous participants of the I Don't Know What To Say" Improvisation Course.
Other more advanced courses include Dealing with Difficult People - for being able to hold your own with dominant or challenging people. And Charisma - for developing more power and authority in your communication.
From time to time I also run a Performance Course, which is a favourite with participants of the "I Don't Know What To Say" Course - in which we create a performance based on a well known story and perform it to a live audience of friends.
You will find these courses on Findcourses or on the Making Moves website.
The Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses
The Sunflower Effect is a proven confidence-building system based in an adapted form of drama, that has been transforming the lives of quiet, reserved and introverted people since 1997. It was developed by Claire Schrader, the UK's leading confidence expert in the area of...
Average rating 5Based on 5 reviews.
Find out more about this I Don't Know What to Say! - Improvisation for Social Confidence course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
699 GBP-749 GBP