Getting Results Without Authority
Learn how to be persuasive at work and get the results you need without authority. Unleash your personal power to negotiate, influence and persuade.
Whether you’re dealing with bosses, colleagues, staff members or senior management; the ability to win respect, influence people and cultivate cooperation is absolutely essential to career success. The people with whom you interact in business can change on a moment’s notice, making the ability to be persuasive with anyone in the workplace to achieve desired results is crucial—especially when you don’t have immediate authority to command their cooperation.
- Understand exchange and reciprocity to persuade (the first steps in the influence process)
- Adapt your communication style to maximise your credibility
- Turn your character and capabilities into influence
- Persuade with a framework of discovery, preparation and dialogue
You’ll practice persuasive communication and other influencing techniques right from day one through the final activity on day three of this information-packed programme—and enhance your learning with videos, exercises, assessment tools and group discussions.
The programme consists of four 3-hour sessions, which are spaced out over a few days.
Suitability - Who should attend?
If you are a business professional who needs to have work done through others—or who needs to convince another person to buy into an idea or follow up on a request, this programme is for you.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
After successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded an MCE Certificate.
Training Course Content
- Personal Power
- Building Your Personal Power Base
- Personal Preferences
- When Conflict Comes Between You and Your Desired Results
- Getting Better Results Through Negotiation/Influencing
- Determine Your Personal Power Base
- Analyze Your Approach When Influencing Others, and Know How to Adjust It
- Identify the Fundamentals of Exchange and Reciprocity
- Develop and Apply Persuasion Skills to Influence Others
- Improve Your Basic Interpersonal Skills of Listening, Questioning, and Providing Constructive Feedback
- Appreciate the Value of Constructive Conflict, and Learn How to Work Through Conflict Situations When Influencing
- Identify the Basic Steps of Negotiation, and Promote Win/Win Results
Why choose Management Centre Europe
10,000 Managers and Leaders inspired by MCE each year
400,000 participants on MCE Programmes since 1961
50+ Open Training Programmes throughout EMEA
Management Centre Europe (MCE)
Open Training Programmes, In-Company Training, and Customised Learning Solutions. Management Centre Europe (MCE) is the Leading International Management Development provider in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Every year, MCE facilitates training programmes for over 1,000 public and private organisations, supporting...
Find out more about this Getting Results Without Authority course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,990 GBP-2,750 GBP
Corporate Training for Teams