Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI) Technology
This interactive seminar will provide a comprehensive overview of metered-dose inhaler technology, giving participants a valuable insight into market potential and recent industry trends. The programme will clarify the therapeutic targets and look at the various delivery technologies available. There will be detailed coverage of the manufacturing process, equipment and options, together with quality and inspection requirements, human factors and bioequivalence. Our highly experienced trainer will address the regulations applying to inhalation products and provide guidance on the regulatory pathways to follow.
The event will benefit those new to this area and will also be of value to anybody who requires a refresher on the opportunities available with this technology. The seminar format will include practical workshops, which past delegates have found invaluable, and ample opportunity for discussion on any specific issues with an expert in this field.
Who Should Attend?
- Respiratory pharma professionals who need to understand MDI technology and its opportunities
- Medical device professionals new to working in the area of MDIs or those who need a refresher
- Medical device business development managers
- Respiratory professionals in R&D
- Medical device manufacturers working in the respiratory market
Programme Day One
- Very brief history
- Other local
- Why not?
- Key characteristics
- Particle size
- Disease distribution
- Manufacture vs use
- International procurement – Double and triple counting
- Geographic differences
- vs cost
- vs market – vs product
- DPI: unit dose, multi-dose, reservoir
- Nebuliser: energy source, SMI, other
- Injectable – Nasal
- Cost considerations – Design
- Cost of goods
- Typical breakdown
- Ranking of competitive technologies for different opportunities
Programme Day Two
The MDI – overview
The MDI – manufacturing process
The MDI – manufacturing equipment
The MDI – quality and inspection
The MDI – other performance
- Prime and re-prime
Challenges and opportunities for the MDI – development and technical
- Hardware availability
- Manufacturing processes/equipment
Challenges and opportunities for the MDI and DPI
- Breath actuation
- Breath co-ordination
- Holding chambers
- Changing therapeutic approaches
- Once daily
Workshop (including coffee break)
- SWOT MDI vs multi-dose DPI
- SWOT MDI vs Soft Mist Inhaler
Regulation of inhalation products
- Regulatory landscape (EU, US, RoW)
- New combination
- New chemical entity
- Time to market
- Success rate
- Key expectations
- Changing environment
- Combination product approaches
- Human factors
Provider: Management Forum
Management Forum - Professional training courses for the Life Sciences and Intellectual Property Sectors
Management Forum is an internationally renowned training provider organising professional conferences, seminars and in-house courses for professionals and companies in the Life Sciences and Intellectual Property sectors. With their growing programme portfolio, training specialists at Management Forum aim to provide...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Management Forum
Find out more about this Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI) Technology course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!