Successful Company Secretarial Administration
Company secretarial duties continue to grow. The seriousness of the role makes it essential to keep up-to-date with changes and new developments
Across six modules the Successful Company Secretarial Administration flexible distance, online learning programme gives practical, easily accessible advice on the role, responsibilities and legal obligations of the company secretary. The course also provides a detailed analysis of a range of legislation such as the Companies Act 2006 which will allow you to further understand the legal implications which could impact upon current business activities.Programme objectives
This flexible distance and online training programme will provide answers to the following key questions and concerns:
- What are the legal responsibilities of a Company Secretary?
- Can the Company Secretary ever overrule the directors?
- What are the latest developments I need to know about from the Companies Act 2006
- How do you balance short-term and long-term outcomes taking an impartial and ethical stance?
- Does a company limited by guarantee differ from other companies?
- What must happen if a company director is found to be acting illegally?
- How could a company fall foul of the Bribery Act and what could be the implications for the directors?
- How can a Company Secretary change the Articles and why would they need to?
- What is the Company Secretary’s role at a Board Meeting?
- What is the legal requirement about keeping minutes in meetings?
- How do the new model articles differ from Table A?
- What is the law about the execution of documents?
- What rights do shareholders have?
It will take you through every aspect of the role and responsibilities from start to finish and ensure that you fully understand the full scope of the duties. This programme stands apart from the competition by dealing with a full range of difficult and potentially damaging issues, as well as the essentials of the company secretary’s responsibilities.Course benefits include:
- 18 CPD hours
- Full details of the role, responsibilities and statutory duties
- Highlighted rules and best practice on governing meetings to ensure that you fulfill your duties professionally and lawfully
- A comprehensive update on the implications of the Companies Act 2006
- Answers to your self-assessment questions at the end of each module
- A jargon-free format, no legalese, just clear explanations of what the law means
- Outline of how your company can fall foul of the Bribery Act and the implications for the directors
Take A Guided Tour HERE
To find out how our unique Learning Management System delivers our on-line training programmes and how easy to use and interactive they are click HERE
To find out how to register, access and complete your online distance learning programme click HERE
Roger Mason FCCA, FCIS, ACIB is a highly experienced company director and company secretary. His early career was with Midland Bank and the Ford Motor Company before becoming Finance Director of ITC Entertainment Ltd. He was, for 14 years, Company Secretary and Finance Director of a leading British greetings card company. He lectures on finance and business matters and has written a number of well respected books.
David Martin FCIS, FCIPD, FioD was a director and secretary of one of the top 250 listed PLC’s for nearly 10 years. David was responsible for a range of disciplines – including personnel, property and insurance as well as statutory and legal requirements and corporate/internal communications (three of his annual reports won national awards). David is an employer’s representative for the panel of members for the Employment Tribunals and a member of one of the Registrar of Companies committees.
Certificate Of Excellence
Upon course completion all participants are asked to complete a short questionnaire and then issued with a ‘General Certificate of Course Completion’.
You will also have an option to receive the advanced ‘Certificate of Excellence’. Participants are invited to undertake a final external assessment in the form of an online multiple-choice paper. A pass rate of 80% and above is required to ensure that a high level of competence has been achieved within the subject area and to receive this certificate. The final external assessment can be taken up to three time
Participants are required to achieve a pass rate of 80% and above to ensure that a high level of competence has been achieved within the subject area and to receive the advanced ‘Certificate of Excellence’. The final external assessment can be taken up to three times, thereafter the ‘General Certificate of Course Completion’ will be issued.
NB: The final external assessment is an optional appraisal and those participants not wishing to undertake it will automatically receive the ‘General Certificate of Completion’ for their personal development/training profile.
International Association Of Distance Learning
The International Association for Distance Learning (IADL) promotes excellence in open, distance, and online learning worldwide, and provides a benchmark through which global consumers can gauge the quality of courses offered by their members.
The IADL is an independent, non-profit organisation with its principal administrative offices in London in the United Kingdom. Find out more.
Falconbury are an Approved Member of the International Association for Distance Learning. Please see our
Provider: Management Forum
Management Forum - Professional training courses for the Life Sciences and Intellectual Property Sectors
Management Forum is an internationally renowned training provider organising professional conferences, seminars and in-house courses for professionals and companies in the Life Sciences and Intellectual Property sectors. With their growing programme portfolio, training specialists at Management Forum aim to provide...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Successful Company Secretarial Administration course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
Corporate Training for Teams