Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
This one day course is designed to help those who are about to or have just begun to work in the industry, to understand the potential hazards they face on site.
It provides a practical summary of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues,
- identifying the delegate’s responsibility for looking after themselves and others
- outlines the employer’s duties; and
- explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
Who needs HSA?
The course is an ideal foundation for those wishing to obtain a construction skills industry accreditation card. (Green Card)
What does it cover?
The general responsibilities and requirement for employees under the health and safety at work act and the management of health and safety at work regulations and an appreciation of the serious hazards associated with construction activities.
Course duration and certification
A one day course with an end of day assessment through a multi-choice question paper, students are also expected to be interactive during the course.
The results of the training are provided at the end of the course
Aims & Objectives
To ensure the individual responsibilities are understood:
• why they are carrying out their identified duties
• what is expected of them
• how they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the day delegates will be able to:
• understand the need to prevent accidents
• have an understanding of health and safety law
• identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
• understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
• appreciate the need to perform safely, and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
• report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who are about to or have just begun to work in the construction industry, to understand the potential hazards they face on site.
It is an ideal foundation for those wishing to obtain a construction skills industry accreditation card. (Green Card)
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Attendance for the full day in addition to the successful completion of a multiple choice paper will result in a CITB Site Safety Plus Certificate.
Marble Training pride themselves on the delivery of quality interactive health and safety training courses, specialising in NEBOSH, IOSH and CITB courses. The training programmes will focus on the individual participant in order to give them the maximum benefit and knowledge...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.