These courses, while emphasising conversational use, look at social and cultural aspects and the grammatical structure of Hindi.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is a beginner's course in Hindi. The aim of the course is to provide a thorough introduction to contemporary Hindi. The course serves as a good foundation for those wanting to progress to higher levels. No previous knowledge is required.
Stage 1 (A, B, C) courses aim to help you reach A1 level of competency in the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
Training Course Content
This course is designed for students who want a structured and user-friendly introduction to a most enjoyable language. It starts with a gentle introduction to the language and prepares you for some new social or practical situations while also introducing the grammar gradually and simply.
The course will cover: pronunciation of Hindi, understanding and responding with appropriate everyday greetings; talking about yourself; your job; your family; buying food in the shops; making polite requests.
Devanagari script is introduced and practised from the start of the course.
The course is presented together with the cultural context in which it is used so that learners are able to appreciate such things as appropriateness and linguistic etiquette when interaction takes place in the target language.
Stage 1 (A, B, C) courses aim to help you reach CEFR A1 level of competency.
- Recognise familiar words and very basic phrases concerning yourself, your family and immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
- Understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogues.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person is prepared to repeat or rephrase things at a slower rate of speech and help you formulate what you are trying to say.
- Ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics.
- Use simple phrases and sentences to describe where you live and people you know.
(towards CEFR A1)
Mary Ward Centre
The first thing you will notice about the Mary Ward Centre is the stunning Georgian building, in the peaceful surroundings of Queen Square. An adult education centre with a difference, whatever you want to learn, you’ll find it here. From...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!