Petroleum Engineering for Non Engineers - 4 day In-house Course
This Petroleum Engineering for Non Engineers course delivers a thorough understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects that characterise the oil & gas industry.
Ideal for newcomers to the industry and non-technical personnel, the 4 day programme is delivered in-house and makes frequent use of case studies to reinforce key learning outcomes and enhance audience engagement. Covering key oil and gas terminology as well as the main stages of the field life cycle, the course will equip delegates with:
- an understanding of petroleum geology & hydrocarbon formation
- the importance of reserves definition and their relationship to key commercial decisions
- an outline of global energy demand, supply & pricing
- a detailed pictured of drilling operations & equipment (rigs, mud systems, drill bits etc.)
- elements of field development including technical options & the principles of petroleum economics
- an appreciation of production operations & common enhanced recovery techniques
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- United Kingdom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Petroleum Engineering for Non Engineers course is suitable for personnel from all areas of the oil & gas industry, including government agencies, authorities, contractors, operators and service companies.
It is particularly beneficial for newcomers to the industry and non-technical personnel in functions such as finance, IT, contracts, HR and administration who would appreciate a wider understanding of the "big picture".
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants on this course are eligible for 35 hours of CPD accreditation on completion.
Training Course Content
Course content typically includes:
- Petroleum geology
- Energy supply, demand and pricing
- Reserves definitions and uncertainty
- Ownership and exploitation of reserves
- Exploration phase including a review of geological and geophysical techniques and the commercial considerations in bidding for licences
- Drilling operations and equipment including a review of drilling rigs; mud systems; casing and cement; electric logging and other key drilling activities
- The technical options for Field Development including a review of injection and producing wells and processing facilities
- The commercial considerations for Field Development including a review of petroleum economics
- Health, safety & the environment
- Petroleum production operations including a review of primary and enhanced recovery techniques; well interventions; hydrocarbon separation, processing and treatment; maintenance; storage and transportation
- Futures industry issues and challenges
Course delivery details
Why choose MDT International
Over 90% of participants say our training met or exceeded their expectations
MDT have worked with 500+ organisations worldwide
Our trainers have 25+ years of experience in the O&G Industry
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 5
Very good course. Very organised. Great presenter. Great documents.
This course enabled me to have a better understanding about the US segment and understand the uncertainties, risk and the complexity associated with operations. The course was h...
Training instructor was very good. I liked how he included examples and stories about his experiences as it made the course more interesting. I really liked the case studies (sc...
This Petroleum Engineering for Non Engineers course is delivered in-house and can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Fees will vary depending on location, degree of customisation and the number of delegates participating in training.
MDT International - Finance, Commercial & Management Courses for the Oil & Gas Industry
MDT delivers commercial training courses in most major established and emerging international oil and gas hubs. Whether you're taking part in an open course, or benefiting from the customised experience of our in-house training, you know what you’ll learn from some...