Learn to make your voice heard and control your emotions. Become assertive, persuasive and communicate messages confidently to your team.
Become more assertive in your communication on a one-day Assertiveness training course.
The key outcomes of attending this course will be learning how to be assertive, making your voice and point of view heard, saying no when required, feeling in control and communicating a clear message.
This course teaches you how to take control of your communication through clear assertiveness so you can then effectively put your points across and achieve the desired outcomes.
Good assertiveness ties in persuasiveness, while supporting the opinions of others and building co-operation in teams, which is essential to achieve the maximum potential, both individually and for an organisation.
This course is essential for those wanting to learn how to deal easily and effectively with colleagues. You need no previous experience to attend this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Awards: Certificate of Achievement
What Will I Learn?
- Persuasive and communication skills
- Overcome anxiety and apprehension
- Use positive language
- Say no with confidence
- Manage difficult people/situations
Training Course Content
The principles of assertion
- Recognising assertiveness
- Understanding the different styles of behaviour ‐ assertive, passive, aggressive
- The need for assertiveness, persuasion and communication
- The difference between aggression and assertiveness
- Recognising your own style
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your style
- How to apply assertiveness at work
- Recognising and dealing with your own anxiety, apprehension and fear
Assertiveness and body language
- What is positive body language?
- Projecting a more confident, open and competent image
- How to use positive body language to influence others perceptions
Taking control with positive language and voice control
- Benefiting from win-win assertiveness
- Listening, understanding, discussing, being specific
- Using assertiveness in meetings
- Making requests without manipulation
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Establishing your goals and an action plan for implementing on return to work
- Refusing unreasonable requests with confidence
- How to say no without feeling guilt
Using assertiveness positively
- Using assertiveness to manage criticism, confrontation and anger
- Managing difficult people and situations
- Using assertiveness to form stronger relationships
Course delivery details
The following delivery options are available for this course:
- Classroom at London Bridge
- Online, live from anywhere
Why choose Media Training
25+ years of experience
Average class size of 6
Choose Mac or PC
What makes a great course? When we opened our first centre 25 years ago, we asked ourselves this question. We've spent every day since perfecting the answer. We offer over 100 instructor-led courses that you can choose to attend either...
Average rating 4.7Based on 28 reviews.
Find out more about this Assertiveness course - simply fill out your details:
Corporate Training for Teams
Corporate Training for Teams