Comprehending the Coal Industry is an online training course that will discuss coal, the world’s primary energy source for electric power generation and steel production. Coal is the second most used energy source in the world after oil, and has many important industrial and manufacturing applications. Comprehending the Coal Industry will take you from the mineshaft to delivery to end use, giving you an overview of the modern coal industry. You'll learn about formation and mining, ranks and quality factors, technologies that utilize coal, transportation to markets and environmental issues.
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Identify how coal was formed millions of years ago and where it is found globally
- Identify the parameters used to classify coal and the methods used to mine coal
- Recognize how coal is prepared for end use and moved to markets by different transportation modes
- Identify the technologies that use coal as an energy source, the byproducts produced from its use and how environmental issues are mitigated
- Identify global coal markets and how coal is traded
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about coal.
Mennta Energy Solutions, formerly The Oxford Princeton Programme, addresses the knowledge gaps of energy professionals throughout the world with innovative and proven training techniques – instructor-led and online. The effectiveness of the training can be measured by the over 100,000...
Find out more about this Comprehending the Coal Industry course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!