Hedging with Futures and Options is an intermediate level online training course that provides a thorough overview of hedging using exchange-traded futures and options. Key terms and concepts are defined and explained in the course. Also, hedging strategies using either futures or options are reviewed using practical examples from several different commodity markets.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Identify why hedging is important in managing volatility in profit and loss
- Distinguish the types of hedges
- Distinguish the differences between using futures and options for hedging purposes
- Identify the problems caused by basis risk and how to deal with them
- Identify the primary hedging strategies used by companies who hedge market risk
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about hedging with futures and options.