Introduction to Oil Shipping is an online training course that provides an overview of the oil tanker market. You’ll learn about different types of tankers and the terminology used to describe a ship. We’ll cover the process of chartering a vessel, the different terms used in charter contracts and how freight rates are calculated. Finally we’ll review the impact of environmental and safety regulations on shipping.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Point out the different terms used to describe a ship
- Distinguish how freight costs are calculated and published
- Identify the different types of shipping charter contracts and terms
- Recognize the process of chartering a vessel
- Identify the key shipping documents generated during a voyage
- Identify the main maritime regulations covering oil tankers
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about oil shipping.