Introduction to Refinery Economics is an online training course that provides an overview of the economics of refining.
You’ll learn how refineries make money, and what affects their profitability. We’ll review the fundamentals of refinery operations and planning, as well as optimization and blending. We’ll also cover crude oil quality and valuation. You’ll understand how refinery margins are calculated. Finally this course will provide an overview of the market outlook for refining.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Identify the factors affecting refinery profitability
- Recognize how crude oil quality affects refining value
- Identify how refineries plan and optimize their output
- Point out how refinery margins are calculated
- Distinguish between the main trends in worldwide refining
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about refinery economics.