Introduction to the Land and Water Renewables Industry is an online training course that will review an industry that has existed for millennia but re-emerged to importance only in the past 30 years with a spurt over the last decade. This course covers the three main groups of land and water renewables (geothermal, ‘ocean energy’ and hydro): what they are, how they are produced, who produces them, their profitability and incentives, and their environmental impacts. It is a useful overview not just for people who work in renewables, but for people working in fuels and energy in general.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Recognize what the main land and water renewable energies are
- Distinguish between the main technologies for their production, and their commercial status
- Point out who the industry players are
- Recognize the economics and subsidies
- Identify some of the environmental concerns and how they are measured
- Recognize some of the relevant issues and principles of environmental impact assessment, with respect to this industry.
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about the land and water renewables industry.