Negotiation skills are needed in all areas of the energy business, whether negotiating informally within your own team or company, or formally with another company. Negotiating Skills for Energy Professionals is an online training course that will provide a guide to how effective negotiation skills can lead to successful outcomes for you and your company. You’ll learn what is meant by negotiation, and the different types of negotiations that occur in the energy industry. We’ll cover the different types of negotiations, as well as tactics used and how different personality types behave. We’ll review the importance of detailed preparation and effective communication, and the key steps in the negotiation process.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Define what is meant by negotiation, and the different types of negotiations that occur in the energy industry
- Identify different types of negotiations, such as ‘win-win’ and ‘win-lose’
- Recognize the importance of preparing for a negotiation
- Identify how effective communication can help you reach a successful outcome
- Recognize the negotiation process
- Distinguish between the tactics that are used in negotiations, and how different personality types will behave
- Point what a successful outcome would be, and why we must sometimes walk away
This two hour online course is designed for energy professionals interested in learning more negotiating.