Fundamentals of Energy Options is a one-day course presented by the energy training experts at Mennta Energy Solutions. This course allows delegates to experience this fascinating and complex field first hand. Long thought as a difficult topic, options are broken down so they are fully understood. This full day workshop covers everything from premium valuation to advanced trading strategies on exchange traded options, specifically those related to energy commodities including oil, gas and electricity. You will gain even more valuable insights through our unique trading simulation and comprehensive review at the end of the day.
Includes Online Pre-study Module
This course is accompanied by a preparatory course available online. Delegates will receive a web voucher as part of their joining instructions upon confirmation of registration. By taking advantage of this "blended" learning approach, in-class time and learning are optimized.
Class delegates include everyone from trade support staff all the way up to senior management - anyone who needs to learn the basics for the first time or sharpen their skills on futures terminology and trading. This programme deals with many different energy commodities, including oil, gas and electricity.
- Characteristics and profit and loss profiles of calls and puts
- The "anatomy" of an option
- Being an option "holder" vs being an option "writer"
- Exercise and assignment
- The different styles of options
- American and European
- Calculating intrinsic and extrinsic value
- Discuss the variables affecting the Black Scholes options pricing model
- The importance of volatility both historical and implied
- Using bear and bull fences
- The behavioral characteristics of premiums
- The "Wasting Asset Theory"
- The meaning of delta, gamma, vega and theta
- Included in the manual and covered if time permits: Characteristics of straddles with profit and loss profiles