This one-day workshop provides an introduction to all aspects of the oil and gas supply chain, from exploration and development of hydrocarbon resources to supplying end-users. The emphasis is on identifying opportunities and strategies for value creation within the industry, including infrastructure investment, physical supply chain operations and commercial trading activities. The course explores physical supply chain processes including oil and gas production, gas processing, shipping and pipeline transportation of oil, gas and LNG, storage and retail distribution. It also considers the commercial and regulatory arrangements for oil and gas trading and end-user supply.
Includes Online Pre-study Module
This course is accompanied by a preparatory course available online. Delegates will receive a web voucher as part of their joining instructions upon confirmation of registration. By taking advantage of this "blended" learning approach, in-class time and learning are optimized.
The course is suitable for anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of the oil and gas markets including new entrants to the industry, as well as existing market participants who want to broaden their market knowledge. It could also appeal to individuals in the service side of the industry (financial, software, consulting etc).
Overview of the oil and gas industry
- The main value creation steps from exploration to end-user products
- Upstream, midstream and downstream sectors
- Geographical distribution of resources
- Main consumption markets
- Industry and market participants
- Important industry trends
- Origins of oil and gas
- Physical and chemical quality characteristics of oil and gas
- Conventional and unconventional oil and gas resources
- Obtaining commercial access to resources
- Creating value by locating oil and gas reservoirs
- Creating value by turning resources into bookable reserves
- Basics of oil and gas production
- Enhancing the value of mature resources
- Arrangements for sharing of risk, investment and rewards
- Roles of national oil companies and independent oil companies
- Marine transportation of oil
- Pipeline and other oil transportation modes
- Oil storage logistics
- Creating value by getting gas to market
- Fundamentals of LNG production and transportation
- Gas pipeline operations
- Gas storage facilities
- Creating value through the use of transport and storage
- Wholesale trading of crude oil, LNG and natural gas
- Refining processes and the main petroleum products
- Economics of refinery operations
- Blending and storage of refined products
- Biofuels and additives
- Regulation of end-user markets
- Retail and wholesale marketing of transport fuels
- Retail and wholesale marketing of natural gas
- Lubricants, asphalt and other specialty oil products
- Overview of petrochemicals markets
- Trading of refined products
Mennta Energy Solutions, formerly The Oxford Princeton Programme, addresses the knowledge gaps of energy professionals throughout the world with innovative and proven training techniques – instructor-led and online. The effectiveness of the training can be measured by the over 100,000...
Find out more about this The Oil and Gas Value Chain course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!