Tableau FundamentalsMezzo Labs
This hands-on Tableau Fundamentals training course is designed to get you up and running with Tableau. We cover the Tableau interface, connecting to data sources and creating your first visualisations, together with plenty of tips on how to make sure your graphs are as insightful as possible.
After the Tableau Fundamentals course, you will be able to explore your business’s data in powerful and intuitive new ways, build interactive dashboards and combine data to identify trends and derive powerful new insights.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background.
If you need more information regarding the training course please contact us.
Training Course Content
- Data Visualisation best practice: A quick look at the do’s & don’ts of visualising data
- Connecting to your data: Editing, filtering and extracting a data source; Tableau Data Extracts (TDEs) & why / when you should use them
- Tableau terminology: Measures & dimensions, discrete vs continuous, pills & shelves giving familiarity with the
- Tableau interface and key terms to analyse the correct data sets
- Using the Tableau interface: Creating your first visualisations, custom colours, labels, sorting, filtering and search
- Keeping your data organised: folders & hierarchies – increasing efficiencies and accessing what you need
- Creating calculations: Including basic arithmetic calculations: custom aggregations and ratios, date handling, and quick table calculations
- Introduction to the most common chart types: Represent your data using Cross tabs, Geographic maps, Heat maps, Bar charts, Dual axis charts, Scatter plots & Bullet charts
- Building dashboards and stories to share visualisations: Best practice data viz tips
- Using the hover-over functionality to add depth to your visualisations – Supplemental details, sub graphs within hover over, key elements supporting the data set
Mezzo Labs is a digital intelligence consultancy in the UK with a team of expert professionals who have a vast experience working with various data and analytics tools. Based in London and Hong Kong, they are experts in Google Analytics,...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Find out more about this Tableau Fundamentals course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!