Cybersecurity Audit Masterclass for Non-Cyber Professionals
Welcome to Cyber Security Audit Masterclass Training Week, which comprises:
Part 1: Cyber Security Audit Essentials - 3 Days
Part 2: Auditing a Cybersecurity Programme- 2 Days
Each part can be booked independently or you can book both parts to secure a 10% discount on the entire booking.
Armed with motive and skill, hackers and internal bad actors continue to release more sophisticated exploits taking advantage of opportunities and “weaknesses” in our environments. Tomorrow’s auditor needs to know more than just the terms and concepts regarding cybersecurity.
Auditors need to be able to assess the effectiveness of an enterprise’s Cybersecurity program. They need to understand what controls are needed, where the controls should be positioned and how to perform substantive tests to assess the controls reasonable effectiveness specifically related to cybersecurity.
During this training attendees will explore cybersecurity through a series of lecture segments reinforced by related scenarios based on actual events which are designed to reinforce the attendee’s knowledge of effective control design and execution along with warning signs and investigative techniques. We will simulate an actual cybersecurity program audit, vulnerability and threat analysis and cyber risk assessments giving attendees the opportunity to conduct a series of exercises which are designed to establish or reinforce the attendee’s knowledge of effective control design and execution.
By the end of the session attendees will be armed with additional knowledge of how to implement and assess controls and how, as auditors, they can be a valued player in their organizations “Cyber Defense Team”.
Why attend this course?
- Implement and assess controls
- Be a valued part of the “cyber defence team”
- Learn from real-life past scenarios
- Design effective controls for your organisation
- Pinpoint warning signs and learn new investigative techniques
- Gain valuable experience in auditing a cybersecurity programme
- Discover how to perform a cybersecurity assessment
- Become a valued member of your organisation’s cyber defence team
- Produce an audit and self-assessment checklist to implement in your organisation
- Learn from real examples of various cyber programme artifacts
Suitability - Who should attend?
Auditors and IT Professionals interested in conducting cybersecurity audits, risk assessments, vulnerability and threat analysis or control self-assessments.
Prerequisite: IT Audit School or equivalent experience
Outcome / Qualification etc.
MISTI Certificate and 40 CPE points.
Training Course Content
Part 1: Cybersecurity Audit Essentials
- Session 1: What is Cybersecurity?
- Session 2: How Hackers Attack
- Session 3: Cyber Law and Ethics, Cyber Insurance Fundamentals and Contract Basics
- Session 4: The OSI Model
- Session 5: Asset and Configuration Management and Application Protections
- Session 6: Cybersecurity Prevention 101: What can companies do to reduce the impact of cyber attack
- Session 7: Investigation Techniques
- Session 8: Other Critical Processes
- Developing a Cyber Awareness Program
- The Auditors Role in Cyber Defense
- Overview of Scoping and Auditing Cybersecurity based on the Top 20 Controls Identified in CIS Critical Security Controls V6.1
Part 2: Auditing a Cyber Security Programme
- Session 9: Vulnerability Assessment
- Session 10: Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
- Session 11: Cybersecurity Program
The Price for Part 1 (3 Days) is £2,350+VAT
The Price for Part 2 (2 Days) is £1,700+VAT
The Price for Combined Training (Save 10%): Part 1 + Part 2 (5 Days) is £3,645+VAT
Provider: ACI Learning
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for ACI Learning
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.3Based on 6 reviews.
Find out more about this Cybersecurity Audit Masterclass for Non-Cyber Professionals course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,638 GBP-1,719 GBP
1,289 GBP-1,339 GBP
1,339 GBP-2,019 GBP
2,029 GBP-2,129 GBP