IT Audit Workshop
IT Audit Workshop
Part 1: How to Audit the IT General Controls Suite - Auditing technology for business auditors.
Part 2: Auditing Agile and Scrum Development Projects - Improving project management through integrated audits.
IT risks are increasingly recognized as critical factors in enterprise risk management. From preventing failures in regulatory compliance to helping avoid devastating harm to the reputation of the organization from headline-making security breaches, auditors have an obligation as well as value-adding opportunities to assess enterprise vulnerabilities through effective risk-based IT audit planning.
Today, application systems development is all about SPEED. Agile and Scrum are all about getting data as well as processing and reporting to the customer ASAP. This is further complicated by the lack of standardized methodologies, expectations and business models. Auditors, reviewers and project sponsors are further confounded by the difficulty of knowing what can be done in a definitively short amount of time, especially in an environment that discourages oversight and audit..
Why attend this course?
- Examine the IT general control areas that must be addressed to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets
- Determine risks in critical areas of the IT environment and the key controls that can reduce those enterprise risks
- Explore critical aspects of the IT environment, including IT governance, user access controls IT infrastructure controls, information security, physical security, disaster recovery, production change management and network perimeter security
- Develop strategies for assessing the key controls in your information systems infrastructure
- Identify what auditors and developers can do to facilitate and achieve success
- Offer risk-based awareness of what can go right and what can go wrong with Agile and Scrum development
- Provide key risk-based “triggers” to heighten awareness of how to review, manage, and audit these “moving targets”
- Discover a unique tool that will set you on a path of contributing without distracting
- Remove the complication in auditing Agile and Scrum development projects
Suitability - Who should attend?
Training Course Content
Part 1: How to Audit the IT General Controls Suite
- Conducting IT Risk Assessments
- Understanding the IT controls standards and frameworks
- Managing IT Governance and Operations Management
- Assessing hardware and software infrastructure
- Discovering logical access controls
- Auditing steps for physical and environmental controls
- Advanced network perimeter security
- Auditing steps for change management
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Auditing system development projects
- Planning and executing general control reviews
Part 2: Auditing Agile and Scrum Development Projects
- What exactly ARE Agile and Scrum?
- Learning about the project in time to be involved
- Defining success vs. failure
- Implementing infrastructure before the project begins
- What to look for BEFORE the project begins
- What to look for in a project manager
- Working alongside the steering committee
- Creating and optimising the project plan
- What to look for DURING the project
- Applying the key triggers
- Testing and more testing!
- Correcting things that can go wrong
- Change management
- Reporting deficiencies
The Price for Part 1 (3 Days) is £2,350+VAT
The Price for Part 2 (2 Days) is £1,700+VAT
The Price for Combined Training (Save 10%): Part 1 + Part 2 (5 Days) is £3,645+VAT
Provider: ACI Learning
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this IT Audit Workshop course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,400 GBP-4,435 GBP
653 GBP-775 GBP
1,400 GBP-4,435 GBP
698 GBP-775 GBP