Using Data Analytics to Find Fraud - MIS Training Institute
Fine tune your technical skills. Turn raw data into knowledge to help identify the red flags of fraud and corruption.
This course will give you the techniques, confidence and ability to analyse raw data, and develop tests and algorithms to transform this data into intelligence and knowledge which can be used to discover the red flags of fraud and corruption. The course which goes far beyond data mining and CAATs will be based around realistic fraud and corruption cases. As part of the learning process you will be given fit for purpose data-files and transactions to analyse on either your own computer or one provided by the organisers.
Why attend this course?
- Learn cutting edge techniques that have located fraud that was hidden in company financial information
- Focus on proven methodologies and programmes
- Combine fraud risk assessments and data analytics to respond to the risk of fraud
- Build data interrogation search routines into your fraud risk assessment and testing programs to uncover the red flags of fraud
This course is "Hands-on". You are requires to bring a laptop for this course so you will be able to practice the techniques on real data files.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Financial, Operational, Internal, IT and External Auditors; Audit Managers; Fraud Investigators and Managers; Risk and Compliance Managers and Officers; Information Security Professionals.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
MISTI Certificate and 24 CPE points.
Training Course Content
This curriculum of this course is presented as follows over three days:
Day 1: Making the leap forward from simple data mining to fraud analytics
- What is red flag identification?
- The Footprint of Fraudulent Transactions (how to spot the red flags)
- Integrating fraud detection into your program
- Analysing data to find the red flags - an introduction to some basic functions to identify fraud in payments, procurement, sales, accounts, expenses, inventory etc...
Day 2: Developing structured data analysis to find fraud
- Data analysis and building a model to find red flags
- Examining the available tools and making choices of where to use which tool
- Discover the best tests to find fraud and red flags in ALL areas of the business and how to use data and analytical methods
- Creating a set of "key fraud" indicators and a fraud dashboard
Day 3: How to build sustainable models to regularly find fraud
- Structured data analysis to find fraud - the next level
- Developing the ultimate algorithms
- Using and extending the dashboard
- Developing a robust data model
- Presenting the findings in a way which is understandable to management
Provider: ACI Learning
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Using Data Analytics to find Fraud course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,449 GBP-1,719 GBP