Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Appraisals and Performance management - One-day training course in Manchester
This training course will enable participants to identify the integrated roles of management and appraisal. The programme designed by MLP empahsises the need for effective monitoring of staff performance in relation to the aims and progress of the team and the organisation.
The annual appraisal needs to be seen in the context of the role of management as what you decide in the appraisal affects the year ahead. Appraisals need to be seen and used as a development tool for your staff and not a disciplinary action. Handled well and with joint responsibility, quality appraisals can really aid your people management tasks throughout the year.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Performance Appraisals training course is designed for HR managers and individuals who are responsible for work-related performance appraisals.
Information about the course trainer
Melanie Windle is an experienced and creative personal development trainer and group facilitator whose methods and style of delivery empower individuals and groups to realise their potential. Melanie has been involved in developing people for over 25 years.
Her specialist areas of training are the personal development skills required for managing ourselves, managing others or being managed. She works extensively across all three sectors – public, private and not-for-profit – both nationally and internationally.
Performance Appraisals course content
This course includes topics in the following areas:
- Clarify the definitions of appraisal
- What is the purpose of appraisals?
- Different methods of appraisal
- What is your role in the process?
- Identify skills and ‘tools’ necessary for effective appraisal delivery
- Communication model - questioning, listening and feedback
- Personal qualities
- Preparing for appraisals – the appraiser and the appraisees
- Conducting the appraisal interview
- Develop an approach to staff development
- Goal setting and motivating staff
- Addressing performance through appraisal
- Case study work, applying the knowledge
- Action plans for further development
The cost of this Performance Appraisals training course is as follows:
- 1-2 Delegates £375+ VAT per person
- 3-4 Delegates £295+ VAT per person
- 5+ Delegates £249+ VAT per person
Course fees include lunch, refreshments and all course materials.
MLP Training helps delegates achieve their goals and become the best that they can be, developing their sales and business management skills. The open courses and in-house training solutions provided by MLP Training fit an organisation's business needs and help delegates develop...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
Learn how real businesses have benefited from MLP's training programmes.