Leadership Skills - A 1-day training course in Manchester
This course is designed to give participants a three-fold perspective on leadership development:
- Your perspective - understanding and developing the skills and characteristics you have and how you use them.
- Your team’s perspective - how team members may perceive you and the effect you have on them and they on you.
- How your leadership impacts on the organisation as a whole. Discover how to drive the organisational vision
Understanding leadership is finding a working balance between these three potentially conflicting perspectives and becoming flexible in your leadership approach to be able to meet the changing needs, both inside your business and wider in society.
This course will teach you how to take into account these differing perspectives on leadership when developing practical strategies to build upon your leadership character.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Leadership Skills course content
This Leadership Skills course is designed to cover the following areas:
- What is leadership?
- What is management?
- Role reflection exercise – management or leadership tasks
- The leadership role model
- What kind of leader are you?
- The 6 Functions of a leader - levels of authority and responsibility to deliver
- The essential skills of leadership
- Character traits and attitude of leadership
- John Adair’s Action Centred Leadership – Task, Team, and Individual needs
- Leadership Practices inventory
- Knowing and developing your style of leadership
- Leadership Styles
- Continuum of leadership styles
- Contingency Theory
- Stages of Team Development and the role of the leader
- Understanding and using empowerment
- The role of leadership in your organisation
- Your contribution to leadership
- Perception of leadership
- Personal action planning
Information about the course trainer
Melanie Windle is an experienced and creative personal development trainer and group facilitator whose methods and style of delivery empower individuals and groups to realise their potential. Melanie has been involved in developing people for over 25 years.
Her specialist areas of training are the personal development skills required for managing ourselves, managing others or being managed. She works extensively across all three sectors – public, private and not-for-profit – both nationally and internationally.
MLP Training helps delegates achieve their goals and become the best that they can be, developing their sales and business management skills. The open courses and in-house training solutions provided by MLP Training fit an organisation's business needs and help delegates develop...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Learn how real businesses have benefited from MLP's training programmes.