Train the Trainer - A 2 day training course with MLP Training in Manchester
Knowing the task to be carried out and being able to do that task does not make someone a trainer. This two-day course will equip participants with a whole range of training techniques and the necessary underpinning knowledge and theories to apply in real situations.
The course Train the Trainer is highly practical and is designed to teach participants all the ingredients of what makes training work. On the final day, participants are required to deliver an interactive training session with the other delegates, and participate in their training sessions.
Participants will get tutor and peer feedback on their sessions. For this reason the number attendants will be limited to 8 places to ensure personal support and timing for the training sessions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Train the Trainer course is designed for anyone who would like to gain the skills to train future training providers.
Information about the course trainer
Melanie Windle is an experienced and creative personal development trainer and group facilitator whose methods and style of delivery empower individuals and groups to realise their potential. Melanie has been involved in developing people for over 25 years.
Her specialist areas of training are the personal development skills required for managing ourselves, managing others or being managed. She works extensively across all three sectors – public, private and not-for-profit – both nationally and internationally.
Train the Trainer course content
This Train the trainer course is designed to cover the following areas:
- The use of course contracts, objectives and expectations.
- How adults learn
- Influences on learning
- Kolb's theory of learning
- Learning Styles
- VAK – Visual, Auditory and Kinaesthetic learning
- The role of effective communication
- Different types and styles of training?
- Solo v’s Co-training
- Tools of the trade!
- Theory of groups; their value and use in training.
- Fears of group work, what can go wrong?
- What would make training ineffective?
- Trouble shooting for difficult training situations
- The what ifs..?
- Designing a training programme.
- Designing own activities and materials
- Using ‘off the shelf’ training materials.
- Techniques of feedback.
- Johari's Window
- Presentation skills
- How do you evaluate your training?
- Questions and Answers
The cost of this Train the Trainer course is as follows:
- 1-2 Delegates £750 + VAT per person
- 3-4 Delegates £649 + VAT per person
- 5+ Delegates £599 + VAT per person
Course fees include lunch, refreshments and all course materials.
MLP Training helps delegates achieve their goals and become the best that they can be, developing their sales and business management skills. The open courses and in-house training solutions provided by MLP Training fit an organisation's business needs and help delegates develop...
Average rating 4.9Based on 8 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Learn how real businesses have benefited from MLP's training programmes.