Assertiveness is one of the cornerstones of leadership and a vital element of good management. It is a firm, yet flexible, attitude and a self-assured way of communicating that inspires trust and confidence in those around you. Assertiveness training focuses on ensuring that opinions, feelings, arguments or instructions are expressed with maximum clarity and on creating an environment that is conducive to the reception of those ideas or instructions. Assertiveness training is, therefore, designed to tackle three issues:
• The right and the ability that all participants have to express their feelings, views and opinions;
• The importance of being meticulous in the collection and interpretation of data, which is paramount for putting forward arguments that are indisputably sound;
• The importance of being in control of the tools used in public speaking: body, voice and eye contact. This enables the speaker to finetune each of the variables to maximise the impact of each speech delivered.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Define assertiveness and identify different assertiveness models according to their context
- Organise your ideas and strategize their delivery according to a simple and linear argument structure
- Demonstrate how stance, gait and gesture influence assertiveness
- Manage eye contact to establish assertiveness
- Use vocal tone and levels of language as assertiveness tools.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is an Intermediate level course.Before you enrol, you must have achieved the following:• Draft a simple pattern for a skirt, bodice or trouser using a standard size block • Adjust patterns using basic methods • Use pattern lays, balance marks
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Morley College London is one of the UK’s leading centres for adult education. The College is located 7 minutes’ walk from Waterloo station. Founded in 1889, Morley has a distinguished history in music and the visual arts. Today we offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!