This qualification provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills essential to the health and social care sector, and supports progression to further learning at Level 4 and above, Higher Education and the workplace.
You will need to complete 9 mandatory units to achieve this qualification. The mandatory units are:
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Infection prevention and control in health and social care
- Psychological perspectives in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- Reflective practice.
You will need to be able to evidence 75 hrs of work placement undertake during the course. Voluntary or paid employment hours can count towards this
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Describe the role of the health and social care practitioner in meeting individuals’ needs through inclusive practice
- Understand theories of human growth and development
- Explain the role and responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to safeguarding individuals
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to infection prevention and control.
What you can do next
You can progress to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care or onto Higher Education such as the Level 4 HND or courses at University.
You can progress into employment in the following roles:
Care Support Workers in Adult Residential Settings
* Healthcare Assistants in Community, Primary Care and Acute Health Environments
* Care Support Workers in Domiciliary Services, Supported Living or Day Services
* Community-Based Support Workers.
You may also progress into positions of more responsibility depending on experience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Morley College London is one of the UK’s leading centres for adult education. The College is located 7 minutes’ walk from Waterloo station. Founded in 1889, Morley has a distinguished history in music and the visual arts. Today we offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!