The Camino de Santiago (The Way of St. James) is a large network of ancient pilgrim routes stretching across Europe and coming together at the tomb of St James in Santiago de Compostela in the north-west Spain. The course will be conducted in English and will equip students with necessary knowledge and skills to plan and undertake a safe walk in Spain. Depending on the students' level of Spanish -if any- there will be practice of relevant Spanish language as well as learning more specialised vocabulary. This course is very much experiential and it is based on teacher's own experience of the Camino in Spain and students' interests and knowledge of the topic.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Geographically identify the different routes of the Camino in Spain and its main characteristics and peculiarities
- Identify most popular routes of the Camino in Spain and stages (e.g. Camino Frances, Camino del Norte, etc)
- Identify main Health and Safety issues around the Camino
- Learn 3 or 4 main links and official organisations
- Explore the different reasons to undertake the Camino: religious, spiritual, leasure, fitnes, etc.
- Learn and\or practice essential Spanish vocabulary related to the Camino- depending of the students' knowledge of Spanish.
- Choose the main elements to pack/take with you
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Morley College London is one of the UK’s leading centres for adult education. The College is located 7 minutes’ walk from Waterloo station. Founded in 1889, Morley has a distinguished history in music and the visual arts. Today we offer...
Find out more about this El Camino de Santiago (The Way of ST.James) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!