Paint in Watercolour
Gain experience and develop your painting skills within a group environment; either working from observation or other visual resources. The emphasis is on individual development and realising your own potential with watercolour. Beginners welcome.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Explore ways to develop watercolours from direct observation and imagery such as photographs.
- Generate and explore a range of techniques and approaches to using and manipulating watercolour.
- Explore ways of using and manipulating drawing with watercolour.
- Explore how watercolour can be combined with other mediums, such as pen, pencil, ink.
- Have a developing knowledge of how colours mix and interact through the medium of watercolour.
- Advance your knowledge of historical and contemporary artists who explore and manipulate watercolour in different ways.
- Develop a personal project/study of your own using the watercolour medium.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you will learn
You will have the opportunity to identify whether you wish to work on an individual project or on within a group theme which will vary from course to course. The theme of this module will be the relation of watercolour painting to drawing. There will be a variety of subjects to paint from observation plus painting from the figure. There will be an emphasis on sharing knowledge, experience and supporting each other via group discussions and shows of work with group crits. The tutor will facilitate group discussions, give presentations, demonstrations and work with students
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress ou your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive envirinment
Why choose Morley College
Founded in 1889
13,000 students annually
7 minutes from Waterloo station
The full tuition fee is £355, the concession fee is £285, and Senior fee is £320
Morley College London is one of the UK’s leading centres for adult education. The College is located 7 minutes’ walk from Waterloo station. Founded in 1889, Morley has a distinguished history in music and the visual arts. Today we offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!