There is no longer the need for expensive, cumbersome equipment to shoot good film. Everyone with a Smartphone or Digital SLR Camera already has access to an HD video camera. Furthermore, many well-known filmmakers are now using Smartphone devices to make their own short movies, including 'Sin City' director Robert Rodriguez. There is even a channel on YouTube dedicated to this medium. This practical course teaches you how to plan, shoot, edit and launch a short film using a Smartphone or DSLR as your main video camera. You will learn how to professionally plan your idea, compose and shoot HD quality footage, then edit the sequence to produce a finished film, ready to launch to your worldwide audience! As a student of Morley College you are also entitled to a discount on Adobe CC Software. Your tutor can advise you on how to apply for this.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Know about filmmaking models and approaches
- Plan a film using storyboarding and other pre-production techniques
- Have a better understanding of the type of shots you need to tell your story
- Shoot professional-looking video and stills with the Camera app on your Smartphone
- Move video between Smartphone devices and workstations
- Add voiceovers, titles, cutaways and effects
- Edit footage using Premiere Pro
- Add and edit a soundtrack
- Share your movie using an app or website
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Why choose Morley College
Founded in 1889
13,000 students annually
7 minutes from Waterloo station
Morley College London is one of the UK’s leading centres for adult education. The College is located 7 minutes’ walk from Waterloo station. Founded in 1889, Morley has a distinguished history in music and the visual arts. Today we offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!