Care Diploma Level 2 RQF
This new RQF qualification released on 1st January 2018 replaces the previous level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care. The brand new Diploma aims to increase the knowledge, talents and competence of inexperienced students operating in a vast range of roles in a Health & Social Care setting. This qualification aims to assist the carer’s position inside the administrative centre and to allow them to development to higher level qualifications.
This qualification is designed to equip individuals with a foundation of knowledge in terms of an overall understanding of the subject.
The underpinning knowledge sections of the programme of study have been fully updated to include the latest Acts of Parliament, government guidelines and Codes of Practice, including:
- Care Act (2014) and subsequent amendments
- Fundamental Standards 2015
- Duty of Candour
- New principles of independent advocacy
- Revised Audit Processes, following the publication of the Caldicott Report (2015)
- The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Skills for Care’s updated CPD guide
- Updates to the requirements for Care and Support Plans
- Updates to definitions of the balance between risk assessment, risk-taking and rights and responsibilities
Suitability - Who should attend?
- An individual currently working in the care sector
- Those hoping to start their career in this very important industry
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Qualifications UK
TQUK are fully approved as an awarding organisation by Ofqual and award RQF courses in a number of sectors. RQF courses have various credit values which can be applied to the National Credit Transfer System.
Training Course Content
The qualification consists of 17 units as detailed below:
- Unit 1: Communication in care settings
- Unit 2: Handle information in care settings
- Unit 3: Personal development in care settings
- Unit 4: Implement person-centred approaches in care settings
- Unit 5: Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Unit 6: Health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Unit 7: Responsibilities of a care worker
- Unit 8: Duty of care
- Unit 9: Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Unit 10: Support Individuals with specific communication needs
- Unit 11: Support individuals to eat and drink
- Unit 12: The principles of infection prevention and control
- Unit 13: Causes & spread of infection
- Unit 14: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Unit 15: Move & position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
- Unit 16: Support individuals to meet personal care needs
- Unit 17: Contribute to the support of positive risk-taking for individuals
Duration study load
- 360 hours
- No knowledge required
- Please note that a work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this qualification
- Exam(s)/assessment(s) is included in price
- 12 months expert tutor support
- Training Qualifications UK
This is a TQUK Level 2 qualification which enables learners to progress on to the QCF in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. It will also provide a progression route into employment.
Assignments are required to be completed by the student. Your work will be marked and reviewed by your own personal expert tutor with feedback.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Find out how distance learning works!
Start your distance course with NCC Home Learning today.
Provider: NCC Home Learning
NCC Home Learning - Flexible Distance Learning Courses for everyone - Further Your Career!
NCC Home Learning is an established and trusted international learning provider with over 20 years experience in the distance learning industry. To date, NCC Home Learning has to date engaged with over 20,000 employers, and has delivered quality training to...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!