Forensic Science Diploma Level 3
Forensic scientists employ the tools of science and technology to scrutinise a wide array of evidence associated with criminal cases. This comprehensive Forensic Science Diploma encompasses a diverse set of skills and knowledge essential for deciphering evidence and aiding investigators in their quest for answers.
The realm of forensic science is an intellectually stimulating domain, and it has witnessed a surge in interest in recent years, attributable to both fictional and factual television programmes. If you possess an inquisitive mind, a penchant for detail, and a fervour for science, enrolling in diploma courses in forensic sciences is a judicious choice.
This tailored course is extensive, delving into a myriad of critical subjects, competencies, and key facets of forensic practice. Over the span of 23 modules, you will explore the origins of forensic science, crime scene evaluation, the integrity of the evidence chain, and the intricacies of ballistics. There is even a module dedicated to the scrutiny of computer or cybercrime.
The final module is dedicated to presenting the diverse career opportunities available to you upon successful completion of your forensic science home study.
No prior knowledge is a prerequisite for undertaking this diploma. However, you must be prepared to devote up to eight hours per week to your coursework, and the manner in which you manage your study schedule is at your discretion. Assessment is conducted through ongoing teacher-marked assessments (TMAs) as you progress through the modules.
Upon successful conclusion, you will receive a certificate from the renowned awarding body NCFE, in addition to an NCC certificate that attests to your capability in comprehending the fundamentals of forensic science and applying these proficiencies.
What Are the Prospects After Completing an Online Forensic Science Course?
Completing a distance learning diploma or certificate in forensic science opens up a plethora of new possibilities:
- It can serve as a catalyst for your current career and pave the way for fresh career avenues.
- After successfully completing the Level 3 diploma, many students opt for more advanced diploma courses or specialise further in forensic-related disciplines.
- Some students choose to continue their education by pursuing a degree in the field.
- Armed with this course and additional qualifications in science, such as an HND or A-levels, students can apply for positions as forensics support assistants.
Online forensic science courses offer the flexibility to advance your career or embark on a new professional journey on your own terms. With flexible study and payment options, including the choice to study online or with physical materials, this forensic science diploma is well within your grasp.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
The good news is that no prior learning knowledge or experience is essential to take this Forensic Science course. This Forensic Science course is openly available to anyone wishing to learn more about Forensic Science and would like to take part in a highly rewarding home study course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
NCC has designed this qualification with a keen focus on our learners' unique requirements, and it has received accreditation from NCFE, signifying the commitment to quality and rigor. NCFE is an accredited organisation acknowledged by the qualification regulatory bodies in England (Ofqual), Wales (Qualifications Wales), and Northern Ireland (CCEA Regulation). It's important to note that this qualification is not a regulated qualification and is not nationally recognised. Upon successfully finishing the Customised Qualification, learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement, serving as tangible proof of the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the qualification. The accreditation for this qualification has been granted by NCFE under the Customised Qualification, and the certificate of achievement will be directly issued by NCFE.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Pioneers of Forensic Science
- Module 2: Case Study 1 – The Bodies under the Bridge Case
- Module 3: Forensic Pathology
- Module 4: Forensic Anthropology
- Module 5: Forensic Biology
- Module 6: Case Study 2 The Body in the Carpet
- Module 7: Cranio-facial Reconstruction
- Module 8: Serology – DNA – Body Fluids
- Module 9: Case Study 3 – Who Killed Bambi?
- Module 10: Crime Scene Management
- Module 11: Ballistics
- Module 12: Fingerprints
- Module 13: Forensic Photographer
- Module 14: Case Study 4 – Doctor Death
- Module 15: Forensic Toxicology
- Module 16: Disputed Documents
- Module 17: Computer Crime
- Module 18: Case Study 5 Miscarriages of Justice
- Module 19: The Chain of Evidence/ the Professionalisation of the Investigative Process
- Module 20: Case Study 6 Cold Cases
- Module 21: Careers in Forensics
- Pay in full: £429.00
- Pay monthly: £33.33 /month (Exclusive for UK residents with £29 deposit and no credit check)
- Pay in full: £469.00
- Pay monthly: £36.67 /month (Exclusive for UK residents with £29 deposit and no credit check)
Request information - obligation free
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.8
I have enjoyed every minute of this course, Tutor support was fantastic and I fully intend to do another course with them Brilliant experience x
I have enjoyed studying the Forensic Science co...
I have enjoyed every minute of this course, Tut...
NCC Home Learning
NCC Home Learning is one of the highest rated distance learning providers in the UK with over 25 years experience in the distance learning industry.To date we have engaged with over 20,000 employers and delivered quality training to over half...